Download as you browse

Amanco 07/10/2007 08:21 am
Dear Oleg,

I hope you are keeping well,

can i ask about how to download as you browse for a protected website, downloading exam questions:

e.g.
www.site.com\site\runtest.asp@pos=1

i tried following the 3 steps in the help contents but i don't seem to find it saving anything.

1) what is mechanism for the correct URL to be inserted in the project file URL properties?
2) what is the difference btw offline expolrer and Inquiry in doing this job? which one is better?

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 07/10/2007 02:17 pm
You need to browse to the page online in the internal browser from which you want to start saving. Then create a new Project with that address. Click the AutoSave button and click the Browse button to start saving.

Inquiry AutoSave works in another way - it simply watches all pages you visit in MS Internet Explorer and saves them. But browsing offline and going through links works better in Offline Explorer.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Amanco 07/10/2007 04:08 pm
> You need to browse to the page online in the internal browser from which you want to start saving. Then create a new Project with that address. Click the AutoSave button and click the Browse button to start saving.

Thanks Oleg, I tried this but it didnt work, the URL is fixed as i browse the site, any idea?
Oleg Chernavin 07/11/2007 03:55 am
Please try to right-click the page, select Properties and see the URL there.

Oleg.
Amanco 07/11/2007 12:28 pm
> Please try to right-click the page, select Properties and see the URL there.
>
> Oleg.

Yes the URL is there, i even added it using "add next clicked link as a project" and it added it with all the cookies and everything, but still doesn't work.

Oleg Chernavin 07/11/2007 02:27 pm
Can you please tell me what particular pages you want to download and what exactly doesn't work? I will try to reproduce and see what can be done.

Oleg.