OE doesn't show folders and projects

Yuri 06/19/2007 05:00 pm
OE doesn't show folders and projects in the main window after its start. There is only new empty folder without name. What is happen ? What must I do for restoration previous structure of folders and projects ?
Thanks for a answer.
Oleg Chernavin 06/20/2007 02:35 am
In most cases, it is easy to recover lost projects. All Projects are in the webdown.dat file, and there are many backups of that file.
Open the Options dialog | Advanced | File Locations section. Please see the Projects, Maps and Templates folder location.

Now quit Offline Explorer Pro , open Windows Explorer and browse to that folder. Select all files with the webdown filename (webdown.dat is the Projects file, the rest are backup copies) and copy them to another directory to keep them intact.

Select the most recent file with the maximum size and copy it back under the webdown.dat filename.

Start Offline Explorer Pro to see if all of your Projects are in place. If something is wrong with the Projects list, try to repeat the process with another webdown file.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Yuri 06/20/2007 01:28 pm
Oleg, thank you very much. I have got a wishful result.
Yuri.
Oleg Chernavin 06/20/2007 01:32 pm
Great!

Oleg.
Yuri 06/20/2007 04:12 pm
Oleg, really problem is solved not completely. Now I have correct structure of folders, but they are empy - I don't see files, which must be connect with these folders. Really all files are placed on harddisk and this real folder (path) is pointed in File Locations section of OE. What's a problem? Could you help me with this problem? Thanks. Yuri.
Oleg Chernavin 06/21/2007 02:39 am
It looks like Map files were removed somehow. You can try this - if you can select a Project and it will browse well, then you can pres Ctrl+F5 and then F9 - this will make OE to go through the downloaded Project files and add them to its map. When the parsing activity in the status bar finishes, stop the download.

Oleg.
Yuri 06/25/2007 01:27 pm
Oleg, thank you.

If I understand correctly your method helps for a case with each project separatly (if there are the same files in internet-site from which they were downloaded).

What can I do for linking existing files on my harddisk with projects in OE? It's needful, for example, for exporting downloaded files into other HD-folders in accordance with their thematic downloading.

Maybe the next fact is important. At first, folder, in which files were dowloaded, was placed in built-in HD of my computer. Then I moved this folder into another extended (local) HD which I connected by USB port. I pointed new path of this folder in File Location Options and I pointed the same path in Options of each folder including projects in the main window of OE also. Then I restarted OE but Projects were empty despite my actions.

Could you help in this situation?

Best Regards,
Yuri.

Oleg Chernavin 06/26/2007 05:27 am
Well, if you saved Web pages in some other program, you can link them with OE by adding a Project and simply specifying the full path to one of them in the Project's URLs field:

c:\directory\file.htm

Oleg.
Yuri 06/26/2007 04:56 pm
Oleg, thank you for attention.
Yuri
Oleg Chernavin 06/27/2007 02:57 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.