Limit Number of connections

James 05/23/2007 12:00 am
If I am not wrong, Offline Explorer Enterprise is able to download a lot of projects at simultaneously.

Let's say if I have 100 projects and want to download all of them. If I start the download, it could jammed up my internet connection because it's 100 threads x 10 connections!

Is there anyway to queue and limit the number of connections? I am referring to more than 1 projects.
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2007 05:10 am
You setup the number of connections in the Options dialog. Offline Explorer will not use any more than that amount. No matter how many Projects you are downloading now. For example, if you are using 10 connections, all downloads will share them. This is not multiple, this is sharing. If you would start two Projects, each of them will use 5 connections. If you start 10 - each of them will use 1 connection. If you start 100 Projects, they will still use these 10 connections one after another.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Mike628 06/20/2008 09:58 pm
> You setup the number of connections in the Options dialog. Offline Explorer will not use any more than that amount. No matter how many Projects you are downloading now. For example, if you are using 10 connections, all downloads will share them. This is not multiple, this is sharing. If you would start two Projects, each of them will use 5 connections. If you start 10 - each of them will use 1 connection. If you start 100 Projects, they will still use these 10 connections one after another.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

I hate to bring back an old thread but this isn''t working for me. In OEE 5 I have two projects and 8 connections. When I start the download one of the projects eventually hits a folder with videos in it and then it uses all 8 connections on the same project. It does not always split the project with 4 connections each. I can sit here and watch them all switch back and forth between the two.
Is there a setting that forces each project to only use x connections if more than x connections are selected?
Oleg Chernavin 06/21/2008 08:17 am
Yes, simply add the following line to the Project URLs field:

Channels=4

Oleg.