Session expires

PBJotter 05/22/2007 06:45 am
Hi,
i'm trying to download the contents of a book i bought from studentconsult.com, and I get most of it ok.
The only problem is that after 30 mins, all content retrieved is then just a login page, which is the session timeout
Things i've tried:
Projects created via ctrl-alt and clicking the sign in button
Ignorelogoutlinks
Project created once logged into internal OE browser

What can i set in OE to login every 30 minutes or can i suspend queue after 29 minutes and then resume the queue once logged back in using the OE browser?

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 05/22/2007 01:34 pm
You can do it this way - limit the Project download to 29 minutes (Properties - Advanced). And add the following line to the Project's URLs field:

Additional=SuspendToFileOnLimit=c:\file.wdq

However you will have to logon the site manually and resume the download from file after that.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
PBJotter 05/22/2007 04:45 pm
Excellent, thanks for the quick response, and this looks exactly what i need.
Definitely recommending this product to others just for the support alone :)
PBJotter 05/22/2007 05:47 pm
Ah - spoke too soon, the suspend to file works after the elapsed time, but then resuming doesn't work properly. After downloading an extra 50-100 links, it then aborts with no reason. Checking the queue, its basically got the links, but then aborts and clears the queue completely.
I've tried closing and restarting OE, but no luck.
I can save the queue to a text file, but i cant see any way to import them back?
Is there something I can do to check whats causing OE to choke on the resume file? I've tried 3 different projects.
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2007 09:01 am
Can I ask you to try the latest version? Please download and unzip the following oe.exe file and replace the old one with it:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep2604.zip

Oleg.
pbjotter 05/23/2007 01:34 pm
Exactly the same - resume from the wdq will stop with the new version. I check the content directory, it doesn't seem to choke on any particular file, and can be from 10 seconds to over a minute before halting.
Is there any way of importing a converted queue (text) file?
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2007 03:18 pm
WDQ file is actually a text file with the description of each of the files in the queue. Can you please see if there is enough free disk space?

Also, what if you would clear all limits (including the time) in the Project Properties - Advanced and resume? Maybe it interferes somehow?

Oleg.
PBJotter 05/24/2007 03:36 am
Hi Oleg,
yes, plenty of disk space (18gb)- and if i clear the check box for limits, it still randomly aborts.
I'm just resigned to doing it manually (10-20 mins of downloading then suspend to file) when i have the time.
Oleg Chernavin 05/24/2007 05:41 am
OK. Please let me know how it works.

Oleg.