Stopping Fake Wmv Files

Mike 05/20/2007 10:22 pm
I'm trying to rip a website with a lot of videos. However, there are some files with extension .wmv which are not actually wmv format. OE seems having problem parsing those files. It has no problem parsing real wmv files, but it gets stuck with fake wmv files.
OE should have parsing exclusion feature where users can define parse exclusion filter with file extension or file size. If you try to script every file format there is, it'd take forever.
I searched forum for a solution, and stuck parsing issues seems to come up quite often, and every time you have to modify the code to accommodate the particular case. Parse exclusion will eliminate this problem.
Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2007 06:29 am
Well, parsing engine takes several parameters here - it takes into account extensions, MIME types, beginning of a file and so on. So, it would be harder to create a script.

Anyway, can you please tell me few links to such fake files, so I could take a look and fix the issue?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Michael 05/21/2007 07:35 am
You don't need any link. Rename any big mpg files to *.wmv and try to parse them.
Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2007 08:27 am
OK. I added code to workaround that. If you need the updated version, please let me know.

Oleg.
Michael 05/21/2007 08:40 am
Yes. Where can I download it?
Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2007 09:23 am
Here it is:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEP2603.ZIP

Oleg.
Michael 05/21/2007 10:26 am
That didn't fix. It still parses. can you double check.
Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2007 01:39 pm
Maybe these files have a bit diferent format than what I used myself for tests. Can you give me the links? If you want, you can send the information directly to support@metaproducts.com

Oleg.