INTERNET EXPLORER 7

Vishal 04/08/2007 03:16 am
Dear Oleg, I'm used to ripping password protected ebook sites like ovid.I was using the inbuilt browser (internet explorer) in offline explorer.But when I migrated to IE 7, everything suddenly changed.
When I copy the link from the browser & paste it as a project, all junk is downloaded.I get the message that the given page cannot be displayed.If I click on "Click to download the link & add it to project", it works.
Moreover, when I use the context menu of the browser to add the projects, it works perfectly.But when I copy & paste the same links, it fails.
Is this because the inbuilt browser in OEE has IE 6 & not IE 7.Or are some specific settings required in OEE/IE regarding cookies,etc.
I hope you will give this matter your urgent attention.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Regards.
Vishal.
Oleg Chernavin 04/08/2007 04:28 am
Can you please tell me more details on this? Do you copy/paste links from the Internal browser inside Offline Explorer or from an external MS IE window? How do the URL look in MS IE and after pasting it to Offline Explorer?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Vishal 04/08/2007 03:37 pm
> Can you please tell me more details on this? Do you copy/paste links from the Internal browser inside Offline Explorer or from an external MS IE window? How do the URL look in MS IE and after pasting it to Offline Explorer?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Dear Oleg, thanks for the reply.
Earlier when I used to rip ovid, I used to login & browse ovid using either IE 6 or firefox (both worked), then copy the links as projects into offline explorer.Yesterday, I switched over to IE7.I had downloaded a few chapters of a book earlier & was planning to download the remaining chapters then.To my amazement, when I tried browsing the already downloaded chapters offline (they were perfectly working earlier), I got the error message that the page cannot be displayed.The data directory was perfectly fine.
Then I tried to download another book using the method which I used earlier (copy paste), but that did not work.Then I browsed the book online using IE7 & when I added a project using the context menu (download current page with OEE), it worked.This is the only method which is working right now & is quite cumbersome.
Are there some specific security settings or cookie issues that are creating a problem here.
Please advise.

Regards.
Oleg Chernavin 04/09/2007 08:38 am
Vishal, sorry, it looks like I have to reproduce this myself in order to improve something. Could you contact me via support@metaproducts.com with the details?

Oleg.
Vishal 04/17/2007 11:30 am
> Vishal, sorry, it looks like I have to reproduce this myself in order to improve something. Could you contact me via support@metaproducts.com with the details?
>
> Oleg.

Thanks for the reply Oleg.
Its OK I won't have the problem again as I uninstalled IE7 from my system after I discovered another critical error -
Most of the chm files that I had compiled earlier when I had IE6 did not work any more.The projects (chapters) of the ebook just don't open.After I uninstalled IE7, the problem reversed.
I think this is a serious issue & it needs to be addressed in future versions of this wonderful program.

Regards.
Vishal
Oleg Chernavin 04/17/2007 01:40 pm
So, the same files work under MS IE 6.0 and fail under MS IE 7.0? After you reverted to 6.0, they started working again?

Oleg.
Vishal 04/17/2007 02:13 pm
> So, the same files work under MS IE 6.0 and fail under MS IE 7.0? After you reverted to 6.0, they started working again?
>
> Oleg.

Exactly ! Even my friend has experienced the same problem.
Oleg Chernavin 04/17/2007 02:14 pm
Can you send me that CHM file (smaller, please), which doesn't work under IE 7? I will test it on two systems.

Oleg.