EXPORTING ERRORS

Vishal 03/18/2007 11:28 am
Dear Sir,
I'm using offline explorer enterprise v4.6
I have created a folder with several projects in it.I can browse the projects offline using the internal browser properly.But when I export the folder to chm, I get errors with certain pages in the chm-"the page cannot be displayed"
The downloaded folder is about 300 mb & I had checked "prevent download directory from overloading" option.
Please help me.
Regards.
Oleg Chernavin 03/18/2007 12:07 pm
This happens sometimes if the page contains iframe that was not loaded. MS Internet Explorer would show the page well and only a part of it may contain an error message, while the rest of the page will be displayed. However HTML Help would show the error message completely instead of the whole page.

If you will be unable to solve the issue, please let us know which exact pages fail in the HTML Help.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Vishal 03/18/2007 12:40 pm
> This happens sometimes if the page contains iframe that was not loaded. MS Internet Explorer would show the page well and only a part of it may contain an error message, while the rest of the page will be displayed. However HTML Help would show the error message completely instead of the whole page.
>
> If you will be unable to solve the issue, please let us know which exact pages fail in the HTML Help.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Thanx for your reply.Actually, in a given exported project, at level 1, some links work while some do not.
The links point to simple images & nothing complicated.
All links are working perfectly in the internal browser but when I try exporting to any format, I cannot view them.I have encountered this problem quite a few times earlier also.Actually, all the files & projects have the same link pattern.I even manually checked the download directory & found that the file was all right.
Is it becuse the file size is large.
Also, what I did next is restarted the project in a separate download directory & then exported.This time, all links worked perfectly.
Hope you can solve my problem
Also, is there a way to scan the downloaded project to see if all links are working correctly & not giving error messages ?

Thanx
Regards.
Oleg Chernavin 03/18/2007 01:52 pm
What could be is that the Project Map doesn't contain all of the files. They are on the disk, but the Project doesn't have them listed. If so, Export will copy only the files that are in the Project's Map. Could it be the case here?

Oleg.
Vishal 03/18/2007 03:09 pm
> What could be is that the Project Map doesn't contain all of the files. They are on the disk, but the Project doesn't have them listed. If so, Export will copy only the files that are in the Project's Map. Could it be the case here?
>
> Oleg.

Dear Oleg,
Thanx for your reply.
If that is the case, how did the files get on my hard disk if they were not in my project map?
I have not altered the project in any way after downloading.
How can the internal browser access the files if they are not in the map then ?
How do I check if this is the case.
Is there a possibility to add these files later to the map without downloading the whole thing again ?

Another question, the sites that I download use session ids.Many a times the session idly expires while the download is going on.I then have to download the entire project again.Is there a feature that I can download the remaining missing files without starting a new project.Can I tell OE to download the missing files using the new session id (possibly by a url substitute) as the 2 links differ only in their session ids.
Waiting for your reply.
Thanx once again.
Regards.
Vishal
Oleg Chernavin 03/18/2007 03:16 pm
1. You can select the Project and use Ctrl+F5 to go through all loaded files and add them to the Project. This will affect only the files that are allowed by its settings.

2. Such sites are tricky. One way is to suspend the Queue to a file and use an editor (.wdq file is a text one) to replace all IDs to new ones.

Oleg.
Vishal 03/19/2007 10:29 am
> 1. You can select the Project and use Ctrl+F5 to go through all loaded files and add them to the Project. This will affect only the files that are allowed by its settings.
>
> 2. Such sites are tricky. One way is to suspend the Queue to a file and use an editor (.wdq file is a text one) to replace all IDs to new ones.
>
> Oleg.

Dear Oleg, thanks for your reply.
Can you please elaborate on the second point
Oleg Chernavin 03/19/2007 12:02 pm
Sure. Did you try to suspend the queue to a file when the session expires?

Oleg.
Vishal 05/15/2007 12:17 pm
> Sure. Did you try to suspend the queue to a file when the session expires?
>
> Oleg.

Dear Oleg, I tried suspending a project & I got two files-one of them is the wdq one.I tried opening it with notepad but got strange characters.
Please advise.
Oleg Chernavin 05/15/2007 12:52 pm
There are two files - one with .wdq extension (text one) and .wdqh - binary - you should not edit it.

Oleg.
Vishal 05/15/2007 09:39 pm
> There are two files - one with .wdq extension (text one) and .wdqh - binary - you should not edit it.
>
> Oleg.

How do I change the session id then ?

Vishal.
Oleg Chernavin 05/16/2007 04:57 am
Did you manage to open the .wdq (not .wdqh) file with Notepad?

Oleg.
Vishal 05/16/2007 01:17 pm
> Did you manage to open the .wdq (not .wdqh) file with Notepad?
>
> Oleg.

Yes, I managed to open that file with notepad.
Oleg Chernavin 05/17/2007 05:09 am
OK. Now find the previous Session ID and do search/replace it with the new one. Then save the file and open it with Offline Explorer.

Oleg.