low efficiency

novo 03/16/2007 12:54 am
Hi!

I`ve got the following problem with www.knowledgeleader.com (trial month registration needed):

after some limit of downloaded data OE continue very active work but
without any considerable result, only generating big traffic :(.

Actually I`d like to get many office files (doc, xls ect) spreaded on this site
among lots of dynamic pages.

But, for example after it`s been already downloaded about 57 Mb, the programme
continue downloading something but what I need (the mark not to download the same
files and appropriate filters for extensions were set)!

I suggest it must be linked with dymamic nature but would appreciate any probable
advice.

Thank`s in advance.
Oleg Chernavin 03/16/2007 06:55 am
I would suggest you to look at the structure of the site and allow downloading only the filenames that you really need - that lead to the desired files.

Most sites have forums and other sections that consume a lot of space, but useless for downloads. In this case, excluding such areas will greatly minimize the download.

You can look in the Queue tab to see which links are not necessary and abort & disable them using a context menu.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
novo 03/16/2007 08:26 am
> You can look in the Queue tab to see which links are not necessary and abort & disable them using a context menu.

As I can see there`s the following mix of filenames: the parent page and needed file name have a little bit different url patterns. For example:

Page`s local url: "http://127.0.0.1:800/%CF%E0%EF%EA%E0/www.knowledgeleader.com/KnowledgeLeader/Content.nsf/
Web+Content/WPA_CompanySecretaryandinternalauditor",

while file (wich is at the bottom of above page) local url:
"http://127.0.0.1:800/%CF%E0%EF%EA%E0/www.knowledgeleader.com/KnowledgeLeader/Content.nsf/
dce93ca8c1f384d6862571420036f06c/447825d6bbc6858d882572980064b61e/
$FILE/Company%20Secretaty%20and%20internal%20auditor.pdf"

:(((

Are there any shortcuts to avoid the time when OE begin download the very file after having downloaded
any or all parent pages? I`ve tried to set url filters for file names as "^bla-bla*file/$" - OE doesn`t want to download anything.

Thank`s in advance.
Oleg Chernavin 03/17/2007 03:55 pm
Can you please contact me at support@metaproducts.com with more details about what exactly you want to download?

Oleg.
novo 03/29/2007 12:27 am
> Can you please contact me at support@metaproducts.com with more details about what exactly you want to download?
>
> Oleg.

I haven`t receive any answer on my last e-mail, have I to wait or there isn`t any clues?
Just we stopped at the following point: OE doesn`t download at once office files, situated on pages -
probably because of different randomly generated url as compared with the whole page url.

Thank`s in advance.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2007 08:59 am
Sorry, I haven't received an E-mail from you. Can I write you myself to the address you left in this forum (it is visible only to our authorized staff)?

Oleg.