How to download from accessmedicine.com

DaBomb 01/21/2007 01:41 pm
Hello, after a nasty encounter with trying to download from the site acccessmedicine.com, i finally figured out what is wrong. I just wanted to let others and Oleg know so maybe it can be fixed.

Ok, so the problem is that whenever you try to download anything from that site like harrison's using
user:oregon
pass:library

all you can download are pages that prompt you for login.
As an act of desperation i tried other offline browsers like surfoffline. Same problem.

But when i finally tried offline explorer on my virtual vmware machine running windows 2000 service pack 4 and internet explorer 5.00.3700.1000, it worked perfectly fine and I managed to download entire books.
So this leads me to believe that whatever the problem OE is having, it has to do with either the operating system or the version of the internal browser its using or something of the sort.

I hope you can try this Oleg and see if you get the same results.
thanks alot!
btw offline explorer is absolutely fantastic, i don't think i could manage without it!
Oleg Chernavin 01/23/2007 08:34 am
Please try to allow NTLM setting in the Options dialog - Proxy section. This usually helps after you logon the site in the Internal browser and start the download.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
DaBomb 01/24/2007 03:07 pm
> Please try to allow NTLM setting in the Options dialog - Proxy section. This usually helps after you logon the site in the Internal browser and start the download.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Tried it, totally works now!!!
THANK YOU
Oleg Chernavin 01/25/2007 04:34 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.
Vishal Prabhu 02/13/2007 03:12 pm
> Hello, after a nasty encounter with trying to download from the site acccessmedicine.com, i finally figured out what is wrong. I just wanted to let others and Oleg know so maybe it can be fixed.
>
> Ok, so the problem is that whenever you try to download anything from that site like harrison's using
> user:oregon
> pass:library
>
> all you can download are pages that prompt you for login.
> As an act of desperation i tried other offline browsers like surfoffline. Same problem.
>
> But when i finally tried offline explorer on my virtual vmware machine running windows 2000 service pack 4 and internet explorer 5.00.3700.1000, it worked perfectly fine and I managed to download entire books.
> So this leads me to believe that whatever the problem OE is having, it has to do with either the operating system or the version of the internal browser its using or something of the sort.
>
> I hope you can try this Oleg and see if you get the same results.
> thanks alot!
> btw offline explorer is absolutely fantastic, i don't think i could manage without it!

Sir, can you please tell me the exact links that you used to download books (including figures) from accessmedicine.com
I urgently need to download some books
Thanx