Not obtaining the complete site

David 12/06/2006 02:00 pm
I downloaded the trial and am attempting to copy our site to have it run locally off a laptop at shows where there is no Net connection.

It seems to get most of the site even tho I tell it No limits, it misses at least 2 of the link lists on the left side.

Namely the "On the Ponderosa" & "Children and Ladies". when viewing what it did capture it gave the option to grab the link but doing this for each image/page would take forever.

I would at some point like to get this site to run from a CD/DVD to hand to customers at shows but need to get this small problem cured first.

What am I missing or doing wrong ?

David/Vide0
david@colorfair.com
David 12/06/2006 02:53 pm
Sorry, I left out the URL.. -->> http://www.colorfair.com

> I downloaded the trial and am attempting to copy our site to have it run locally off a laptop at shows where there is no Net connection.
>
> It seems to get most of the site even tho I tell it No limits, it misses at least 2 of the link lists on the left side.
>
> Namely the "On the Ponderosa" & "Children and Ladies". when viewing what it did capture it gave the option to grab the link but doing this for each image/page would take forever.
>
> I would at some point like to get this site to run from a CD/DVD to hand to customers at shows but need to get this small problem cured first.
>
> What am I missing or doing wrong ?
>
> David/Vide0
> david@colorfair.com
Oleg Chernavin 12/07/2006 08:37 am
The site is quite easy for the download. These links are working well offline. I published my Project settings for you. Please use the Tools menu - Published Projects and find it in the "Images" section. Download it and Open to add to Offline Explorer. Then download this Project and see if all links work well offline.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
David 12/07/2006 11:06 am
After some trial/error(never used your product) I beleive I finally have your project loaded/downloaded.

I still found 2-3 places that it fails loading a page but it's once your deep in one section and click on a new section on the left, I will try to make a repeatable error to show.

Do you have any idea what setting(s) I had wrong to give me the problems I had at the start ? it seemed odd that almost all the site was ok execpt for 2 sections in the middle.

Thanx much for the quick response !

David

> The site is quite easy for the download. These links are working well offline. I published my Project settings for you. Please use the Tools menu - Published Projects and find it in the "Images" section. Download it and Open to add to Offline Explorer. Then download this Project and see if all links work well offline.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 12/08/2006 06:04 am
I don't know. The site is simple and the links in the navigation menu are very simular and it is hard to understand, why most of them were loaded, while the rest are not. You could compare your project settings with mine.

Oleg.
David 12/22/2006 10:56 am
I was able to have it copy the "retial" section finally.. Thanx... Now I would like to get a copy of the "Wholesale" side which is just price changes, even when I log in using the internal browser with a L/P it still pulls the retial prices. I questioned our site host/designer's and got this reply ..

" This is handled by a session variable. Unless you have iis setup on your local computer and run as a website, you won't be able to duplicate that functionality"

Here is the page w/login info if you wish to have a look..

http://colorfair.com/Content/ContentCT.asp?P=20
name : test
paswd: test0r

the only visual changes are the prices themselves.

David.
Oleg Chernavin 12/23/2006 06:08 am
Yes, he is correct. This sessions functionality (with cookies) is still impossible to do offline.

Oleg.