Export download to use with IIS

beetrayed 11/09/2006 05:40 pm
Is there a way to download a website and then use IIS (or another webserver) to publish the downloaded sites? i.e. that the site would look like its online when in fact, I point to my IIS webserver locally and everything functions properly? I know you can do this with the internal OE webserver, but I would like to perform code enhancements based on IIS to see functionality flaws.
Oleg Chernavin 11/10/2006 02:30 am
Yes, sure. You can create a new virtual folder in IIS and point it to the Download Directory.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
beetrayed 11/10/2006 12:54 pm
I tried that, it doesnt work. There is no default document per se when I set the vritual directory to say c:\download (and there are a ton of different folders in there - all one project mind you). When, I launch IE and point to http:\\localhost\virtual directory, the system states that the page can not be displayed.

How does the OE internal web browser make it work? Is there something I am missing?
Oleg Chernavin 11/11/2006 05:26 am
Yes, there is no default page. You will have to create it manually, because the page format and design could be somewhat different from what you need. You can make it yourself.

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 04/10/2007 04:46 am
> Yes, sure. You can create a new virtual folder in IIS and point it to the Download Directory.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Hi Oleg,

but how to show such files like *.php@* or *.asp@* in the IIS?
The IIS does not know such extensions.

Jo A. Kim
Oleg Chernavin 04/10/2007 05:00 am
You can export with standard extensions to the IIS folder.

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 04/10/2007 05:37 am

the downloaded data has been moved to another machine without OE, and should now be served by IIS. Is there a possibility without the Export-Function?

You also show in the internal http-server such extensions like .php@*

Best Regards
Jo A. Kim
Oleg Chernavin 04/10/2007 06:09 am
It is impossible to force IIS to understand such extensions. Offline Explorer uses internal files (descr.wd3) to store actual MIME types.

Oleg.