Data Transfer

alireza 10/30/2006 02:27 am
Hi
I have downloaded a whole website with OE enterprise 4.3 in my computer. Now how can I transfer this downloaded website to another OE ( same version ) in another computer?
Thanks all.
Yudi 10/30/2006 02:37 am
Hi, though I'm not the moderator here, I guess I can give you an advice =) You might want to use the [Export] features provided in OE (shortcut: CTRL+E), though I don't really understand what kind of export do you like to do.
Yudi 10/30/2006 02:47 am
You want to move just the downloaded files into another computer OR you want to move all of the downloaded files and also the settings (templates, projects-queues, etc.) in OE? If you want to move your OE program files, just copy it into a moveable-disk (flashdisk, external-harddrive, etc.) and run it directly from the mobile-drive and it'll still run without any problems. Though, if you want to skip the works to redo all the works rebuilding your template, configs, etc., you'll have to specify a different directory first for the [Projects, Templates and Maps Directory] option in [Options -> Advanced -> File Locations] page. If you want all of your projects & templates settings to reside on a sub-dir of your OE's working directory, just provide a "relative path" on the option, for example, provide ".\OE-Config\" (without the quotations-mark) in the [Projects, Templates and Maps Directory]. I myself usually do this trick :)
Oleg Chernavin 10/30/2006 03:17 am
The best way is to use Tools - Backup/Restore feature to make a single .boe file that contains both Project settings and all downloaded files, transfer it to another computer and restore there.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
alireza 10/30/2006 08:40 am
> The best way is to use Tools - Backup/Restore feature to make a single .boe file that contains both Project settings and all downloaded files, transfer it to another computer and restore there.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Thanks for all comments.
I want to see my project exactly as it is in A computer in Computer B ( having OE ).
BTW, when i try to make back-up, it just stops on 0% and doesnt move at all. So does Restore backup.
Oleg Chernavin 10/31/2006 07:05 am
Is the Project size big? You can view this using right-click on the Project - View - Statistics.

Oleg.