Can not download from www.hp41.org

Bill Halkias 08/09/2006 03:24 pm
I have a problem download from www.hp41.org. The site contains various books in a jpeg form. I can not download not a single page. Notice that the site requires signing in. The signing in is for FREE, so you can also try it yourself. I have set my password in the advanced section of the "Properties" section, but it appears that OE is not using it.

Please try the site and let me know how I can download the files.

Thanks....

Oleg Chernavin 08/09/2006 03:48 pm
It is easy to download this type of site.
You need to browse to the logon page of the site using the internal Browser of Offline Explorer Pro .

If you need to download the site immediately and only once, you can proceed with the logon and begin downloading the desired pages using Offline Explorer Pro . The program will use the session cookies of the logged on site from the internal browser.

You can also record the logon form contents in a Project, so that Offline Explorer Pro will know how to log itself on whenever you wish to download the site. This is useful when you want to schedule the site download or perform it later, or if you want to update the downloaded site in the future.

Once you have entered your username and password on the logon page in the internal browser, press and hold the Alt + Ctrl keys on your keyboard, click the Logon (or Submit) button in the Web form and release the keyboard buttons. You should get a new Project that contains the Web form information recorded in the URL field.

Adjust the Project settings as you wish (set the Level and other parameters) and click the OK button to save the Project. You may begin downloading at any time.

Note: The form recording method is supported only in the Pro and Enterprise editions of Offline Explorer.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Bill Halkias 08/09/2006 05:18 pm
I stil can not do it !!!. The only thing that OE is downloading is several 2KB to 4 KB files with the name
LibView.cfg@Command= Author&AuthorID=# and LibView.cfg@Command=List&CategoryID=#, where #=1,2,3,4,5....

I logn on using the OE browser with my ID and password (Remember ID's are Free), and then set up the project, but still OE could not download the files. It was only geting these files that I mention previously.

I am using "Offline Explorer Enterprice Edition Ver 4.3.2442"

Please Help....

Bill
Bill Halkias 08/10/2006 11:11 am
Some additional information:

Looking into the web page source code, you can see that the site is storing all the files at "http:/hp41.com/claughan.com/images. The thumnail files are saved under the directory ...../images/####/small as a gif file type and the full pages are saved in the directory ...../images/####/ as a jpg files.

OE is able to download some of the thumbnail "gif" files located in the small directory, but none of the regular "jpg" files.

Please help

Thank you,

Bill
Bill Halkias 08/11/2006 11:05 am
Oleg:

Any suggestions regarding the www.hp41.ord site ?

Thanks.........
Oleg Chernavin 08/12/2006 10:39 am
Sorry for the late answer. I looked at the links to the images and saw that the big images are located on another site. So, please select "Load from any site" in the Location box of the Project Properties dialog - File Filters - Images section.

Oleg.
Bill Halkias 08/12/2006 02:49 pm
Oleg:

I know that. Please read my previous message regarding the site "http:/hp41.com/claughan.com/images" where the images are stored. As I said before you can download some of the thumpnail files but NOT the actual full size images. It appears that OE can not correctly understand the command line used by the site in order to load the images.

Please, can you try yourself this site. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again,

Bill
Oleg Chernavin 08/14/2006 06:36 am
I published the sample Project that load one of the books using the Tools - Published Projects - Books section.

Oleg.
Bill Halkias 08/14/2006 11:21 am
How do I get that sample project, and also how do I import it into my setup.

Thanks....
Oleg Chernavin 08/14/2006 11:31 am
Use the Tools menu - select Published Projects. You will get the nwe page loaded in the Internal browser. Select Books section there and find the Project I made for you. You will have the Download button there to add the sample Project to Offline Explorer.

Oleg.
Bill Halkias 08/14/2006 02:43 pm
I downloaded the template. How do I import it to the OE as a new project ?

By the way, when I press download, if I select "open" I receive an error message, so I selected "save" instead and I save the template in my hard drive.

Please let me know how I can import the project to the OE as a new project.

Thanks....
Oleg Chernavin 08/15/2006 03:06 am
Please try to open the file in a Notepad, select whole text, copy it and then click the Paste button in Offline Explorer.

Oleg.
Bill Halkias 08/15/2006 11:01 am
The file is a binary file. When I open it in the notepad it looks like this

W09iamVjdF0NClR5cGU9MA0KSUlEPTYyMjI5DQpDYXB0aW9uPWh0dHA6Ly93d3
CwwLDANCg==

When I use the past buttom at the OE, the properties and the URL do not make any sense.

Please explain

Thank you,

Oleg Chernavin 08/15/2006 11:52 am
Yes, this file is Base64-encoded. OK. Let's try it this way. Copy the following from the [Object] and paste to Offline Explorer:

[Object]
OEVersion=Pro 4.3.0.2456
Type=0
IID=62229
Caption=http://www.hp41.org/LibView.cfm?Command=View&ItemID=389
URL=http://www.hp41.org/LibView.cfm?Command=View&ItemID=389IgnoreLogoutLinks
Lev=1
Weekday=257
LimTSize=10000
LimNumber=5000
LimTime=100
FMGroup=2