Downloading slows to a crawl

G C 07/24/2006 10:17 am
I am in the trial phase of OEE and seem to be having a problem. I have used OE before (in the 1.X days) but seem to be having a problem with the latest edition.

I have multiple projects in a folder and click "download" and everthing goes like gangbusters for about 2 minutes, then everything slows to a craw. After about 5 minutes, everything goes fast again for 30 seconds, then slows for x minutes etc etc.

I have a fiber optic/high speed connection where a WIndows XP SR2 download of over 100mb only takes about 5 minutes, but OEE seems to take about 2 hours to download 5 mbs of web graphics.

I am sure it a setting, but I don't know what to do to take advantage of OEE and my high speed connection.

Any ideas?

G
G C 07/24/2006 04:35 pm
To add another piece to the puzzle...
If I quit OEE and restart, it reloads very fast again... for about 2 minutes, then slows (but really stops or freezes) for 5 minutes, then goes fast again for 30 seconds etc.

Help...

> I am in the trial phase of OEE and seem to be having a problem. I have used OE before (in the 1.X days) but seem to be having a problem with the latest edition.
>
> I have multiple projects in a folder and click "download" and everthing goes like gangbusters for about 2 minutes, then everything slows to a craw. After about 5 minutes, everything goes fast again for 30 seconds, then slows for x minutes etc etc.
>
> I have a fiber optic/high speed connection where a WIndows XP SR2 download of over 100mb only takes about 5 minutes, but OEE seems to take about 2 hours to download 5 mbs of web graphics.
>
> I am sure it a setting, but I don't know what to do to take advantage of OEE and my high speed connection.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> G
Oleg Chernavin 07/25/2006 07:13 am
It looks like a result of your antivirus or personal firewall security - it checks every incoming data all the time and slows down on what it thinks might be suspicious. Can you try to turn off them temporary and see if this helps?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
G C 07/26/2006 11:09 am
Another piece of the puzzle is that it "seems" to go better if I just download one project at a time, if I download a folder with multiple projects, it seems to freeze up or stall.

Any more ideas?

G

> It looks like a result of your antivirus or personal firewall security - it checks every incoming data all the time and slows down on what it thinks might be suspicious. Can you try to turn off them temporary and see if this helps?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 07/26/2006 02:37 pm
One other thing to try is to check the NTLM box in the Options dialog - Proxy section.

Oleg.