Using oebrowse.exe to view an old zipped site archive

Oprean Dan Stefan 07/06/2006 04:07 pm
is there any way to make an archived site in zip format and i was wondering if i could use your executable viewer to browse the site. I don't want to process it or unarchive it because it would take a loooong time it's a 4 gb zip fine and has 1.3 milion files in it so if i could just use oebrowse.exe to make the executable would be grea. I am only looking for some software to do that however if you guys add it to any oee version i shall purchase it asap. Or is it possible to somehow do it from command line ? I've searched the forums and didn't manage to find anything.

PS. Sorry if i mistook the forum but OEE seemed like the perfect limitless choice. Am eager to hear from you.
Oleg Chernavin 07/06/2006 04:31 pm
You can export it to the EXE file, which is the ZIP archive plus oebrowse.exe combined. Right now oebrowse.exe doesn't support using external ZIP files.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 07/06/2006 04:33 pm
I am sorry, I overlooked why you were asking for this. Can you try the following - combine oebrowse.exe and the zip file with something like command:

copy /b oebrowse.exe+oldsite.zip oldsite.exe

Would this work?

Oleg.
Oprean Dan Stefan 07/06/2006 11:52 pm
> I am sorry, I overlooked why you were asking for this. Can you try the following - combine oebrowse.exe and the zip file with something like command:
>
> copy /b oebrowse.exe+oldsite.zip oldsite.exe
>
> Would this work?
>
> Oleg.

Ok i will start right away ... it will take a while tough. Oebrowse supports only the standard zipformat the deflate32 one right ?

And thanks for the advice.
Oleg Chernavin 07/07/2006 02:52 am
You are welcome! It supports several formats, but I don't know which ones.

Oleg.