export to exe

Sztivi 06/08/2006 04:36 pm
Hi!
I've lots of cd archived old websites mirrored with previous versions of OEEE. Project files were deleted.
Is it possible somehow to export tons of htmls&gifs to compressed exe viewer? I wouldn't like to download them again (some of those old websites are closed). Can OEEE be tricked to think it downloaded the files itself - so that I could use the Export menu in the new OEEE version?
Or do you know about any other tool that can compress html files and this archive can be viewed without extracting all the files? Maybe some plugin for IE/Firefox to look in zipped files?
Wouldn't like to use Far (http://www.helpware.net/FAR/) to create chm (too much work) instead of zips.
Thanks!
Sztivi
Oleg Chernavin 06/09/2006 03:20 am
I think, you can do the following - create a new Project to download the same site with approximately the same settings. Then select it, press Ctrl+F5 and then press F9. This will go through all loaded files that meet project settings and add them to the project. When all parsing activity in the Status Bar is done, stop the Project download and you are done!

Perhaps, you will have to repeat this for other sites you downloaded in past.

Now you can export these projects to CHM or EXE using Offline Explorer's File | Export menu.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Sztivi 06/09/2006 06:14 am
Thanks a lot, works great!
Oleg Chernavin 06/09/2006 06:17 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.