files not found

berro 05/28/2006 09:20 pm
Hi,

i downloaded a website with OE enterprise 4.1...

when i explore the site from OE by "Browse with" option everything working well, but when i try to explore it by going to "C:/Download/index.htm" the browser give me a message telling me there are a missing files.

i tried to Export the site by "Export Project" option it give me the same results......

anyone can help?

Oleg Chernavin 05/31/2006 03:40 am
I am afraid, there is no c:\download\index.htm file at all - Offline Explorer saves files differently. To explore directly from the disk, you may easily turn off the Internal HTTP server of Offline Explorer in its Options dialog and browsing Projects offline will give you the exact path of the downloaded files.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
berro 05/31/2006 10:08 pm
> I am afraid, there is no c:\download\index.htm file at all - Offline Explorer saves files differently. To explore directly from the disk, you may easily turn off the Internal HTTP server of Offline Explorer in its Options dialog and browsing Projects offline will give you the exact path of the downloaded files.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

hi,

i did what you told me.even i disabled my network connection to make sure that there are not internet connection.
but the same everything is working fine inside OE and there are errors if i tried to explore the site from outside.................
for information am using the same "index.htm" file which OE use it and appear on site map window
Oleg Chernavin 06/01/2006 02:38 am
You are looking for the index.htm file in a wrong directory. Please select the file in the Project Site Map, press and hold the Shift button and right-click the file. Release the Shift button. You will see the menu. Select Open and you will have this file open in MS IE and you will see its actual location on your hard disk.

Oleg.
berro 06/01/2006 12:19 pm
> You are looking for the index.htm file in a wrong directory. Please select the file in the Project Site Map, press and hold the Shift button and right-click the file. Release the Shift button. You will see the menu. Select Open and you will have this file open in MS IE and you will see its actual location on your hard disk.
>
> Oleg.

am sorry the same proplem........but i noticed something
the index file path is "c:\download\foldername\foldername\index.htm

and the browser give me this error when i pressing the ling on index page..

File not found
Firefox can't find the file at /C:/foldername/foldername/foldername/index.html.

if you noticed there is no "download" folder in the path.
Oleg Chernavin 06/02/2006 08:52 am
Can you please tell me the online URL of that file and what link you tried to click?

Oleg.
berro 06/03/2006 12:09 pm
> Can you please tell me the online URL of that file and what link you tried to click?
>
> Oleg.

http://photoworkshop.com/canon/index.html

Oleg Chernavin 06/03/2006 03:52 pm
The site uses Flash applets, so it is possible that not all files were downloaded. Can you browse the downloaded site offline within Offline Explorer properly or not? If all links work inside Offline Explorer well and do not work from another browser, can you tell me, what links fail?

Oleg.
berro 06/03/2006 10:35 pm
> The site uses Flash applets, so it is possible that not all files were downloaded. Can you browse the downloaded site offline within Offline Explorer properly or not? If all links work inside Offline Explorer well and do not work from another browser, can you tell me, what links fail?
>
> Oleg.
you are right, it's difficult to have all Flash applet sites to be downloaded but am already downloaded the files on my hard disk and the links are working well when i try to explore it from OE by "brwose with" option by the both browsers "ie and firefox".

but the problem is when i close "OE" and try to explore it manually it give me file not found message as i mentioned.this include all links except this link "http://photoworkshop/canon/lessons" it working from outside.
Oleg Chernavin 06/05/2006 07:59 am
I am afraid, this could be because either of the Flash applet or security settings of your browsers. I would suggest you one other way - please select the downloaded project and use File | Export to export it to a compressed EXE viewer (Put To field). This .exe file can be viewed on any other Windows computer.

Would this satisfy you?

Oleg.
06/06/2006 12:58 am
> I am afraid, this could be because either of the Flash applet or security settings of your browsers. I would suggest you one other way - please select the downloaded project and use File | Export to export it to a compressed EXE viewer (Put To field). This .exe file can be viewed on any other Windows computer.
>
> Would this satisfy you?
>
> Oleg.

ok.......thank you for your help.
Oleg Chernavin 06/06/2006 02:06 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.