Creating a folder tree

jhumur 05/26/2006 09:18 am
I like that I can create a new folder for each project and assign a specific location to this folder on the HD. But, what I can't do is create a sub-folder within a folder inside Offline Explorer (i.e., in the 'Projects' tab.) Is there a work around for this? I have a lot of folders in the 'Projects' tab. It's getting unwieldy. Would like to be able to create a cascading folder tree that mirrors the actual directory structure on my HD.
Oleg Chernavin 05/27/2006 10:53 am
It is easy in Pro and Enterprise editions - drag a folder to another one with the Ctrl key pressed.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
jhumur 05/28/2006 09:27 am
> It is easy in Pro and Enterprise editions - drag a folder to another one with the Ctrl key pressed.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Oleg, thank you for your help. I really do feel stupid now. Your answer solves one of my major concerns. My other one is this: Now that I know how to create sub-folders, how do I rearrange already downloaded projects into these subfolders? For example: I downloaded a bunch of MP3 Player reviews recently. All those projects were dumped into an OE folder called "MP3 Players" linked to "E:\Offline Explorer\MP3". Now, I create a subfolder inside the "MP3 Players" in OE called "iPod" and link it to "E:\Offline Explorer\MP3\iPod". I drag one of the iPod prjects into the "iPod" folder. The project title within OE moves to the new folder, but the downloaded files associated with the project don't move to the iPod subfolder on the harddrive. I tried the Export function, but that simply made a copy of the files into the iPod subfolder, but didn't link it; thus, making it impossible to browse? I hope this is a clear enough diescription of my problems. Can you please suggest something? Thank you!!!!
Oleg Chernavin 05/30/2006 09:34 am
This will be done very soon - in the next version of Offline Explorer. We hope to release it in the beginning of June.

Oleg.