Text Size

Jure 05/24/2006 07:37 am
When I try to browse a site AFTER having downloaded it, some of the text is much larger than it should be (some parts are the correct size). If I change the text size options to smallest, it more or less corrects the problem. But, anytime I use internet explorer afterwards the text appears much too small, so I have to switch it back to medium.

Also, if I export the page for viewing on another computer (no matter which export option I choose), the text size remains too large. I have had complaints from several other people about this nuisance.

If I use the internal browser to view the page online, ALL of the text displays at the correct size. If anyone can offer some suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Oleg Chernavin 05/26/2006 04:56 am
Can you please tell me, if this happens on one site or on all sites? If only one, then can you please tell me the link to the site?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jure 05/26/2006 06:34 am
> Can you please tell me, if this happens on one site or on all sites? If only one, then can you please tell me the link to the site?

It doesn't happen on every site, but it does happen on many. One example is:

http://www.tv.com/csi/show/19/summary.html

Most of the text on that site will appear the correct size after downloading, but anything under the "Videos" header (not the link but the small section labelled "Videos") is a problem. When using Internet Explorer or a Compressed Exe Viewer, the size of that text can be changed but most cannot.

This is often becomes a problem because it significantly disupts the entire layout of the site.

Also, I just discovered that Mozilla Firefox will always (as far as I can tell) display the html files correctly when IE will not.

Oleg Chernavin 05/31/2006 09:59 am
I am sorry for the late anwser. I loaded that page and I didn't notice anything strange when viewing the page offline. Can you please be more specific?

Do you mean that while most of the text on that page displays well, some of it is too big/small?

Oleg.