Andrey 03/14/2006 04:08 am
Hallo Oleg!

I have a question. I need to improve the speed of sites downloadings. I`ve got a lot sites to download and want to launch the OE on several machines at one time. The idea is to launch them from one shared disk from one EXE-file of OE with similar folder setting ( to download sites into the one folder ). Each OE process would work with its own sites.

Will I suffer the file-sharing problems in this situation?
Oleg Chernavin 03/14/2006 05:15 am
Yes, there could be a problem. But only if you change projects configuration/settings in one of Offline Explorers - another copy may overwrite the changed file. But if you setup the Projects and then no Offline Explorer copy modifies them - only downloads, then it is fine to set Projects, Maps and Templates directory in the Options - File Locations to a shared directory.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Andrey 03/14/2006 05:29 am
Does the OE have one file with all projects settings?
Oleg Chernavin 03/14/2006 07:19 am
Yes, it is webdown.dat.

Oleg.
Andrey 03/20/2006 08:28 am
Hallo Oleg!

I`ve just found function "SaveChanges()" in OE OLE interface. Can you also add a function like "LoadChanges()" ?
Oleg Chernavin 03/20/2006 09:21 am
But why it is necessary? You can change properties of any project using OLE Automation.

Oleg.
Andrey 03/20/2006 09:57 am
Yes, but I want to run the same OE on different machines. And new projects added by one instance will be probably ignored by another instance. So I`ve decided that I need to refresh the project list periodically.
Oleg Chernavin 03/21/2006 11:46 am
It would be not very easy to do, because if there is any activity (export, downloading, etc.), it will be impossible to erase all projects from the memory and load them again.

What if I would add a command-line parameter to disable writing changes to the Projects list file (webdown.dat)? This way, one OE will be run as it is now and you will make changes. Other copies will be using this parameter.

Oleg.
Andrey 03/22/2006 12:30 pm
And what about to "synchronize" the current project-list with webdown.dat? (ability to add new projects)? The schema is: several OE working together, only one can write to webdown.dat, but other can read.

And it would be better to have an OLE property, that corresponds to ability to write to webdowm.dat.

Is it possible?

Thank you very much!
Oleg Chernavin 03/23/2006 02:35 am
You can use IMainOE.SaveChanges for that. But there is no way to reread webdown.dat.

Oleg.
Andrey 03/23/2006 03:57 am
There is no way to reread file in a current configuration or it is impossible principally? You had already updated OE with some usefull features, can you do something within this problem?
Oleg Chernavin 03/23/2006 05:18 am
I can, but it will take much time, because I will have to review all of the related code. I am sorry, it is impossible to spend such time for me now.

Oleg.
Andrey 03/23/2006 09:47 am
It is a pity.
But what about IMainOE feature "dont save changes" to webdown.dat? Is it possible?
Oleg Chernavin 03/24/2006 02:42 am
Just run OE from the command line with the switch /NoSaveToFile .

Oleg.