Create folder with Project Name and put all files in that folder

793505 03/11/2006 06:01 am
I wonder if OE can do this, example:
-Create a project to download www.test.com with project name as MyTest.
-OE creates a folder named MyTest.
-OE downloads files from the site and put every files in MyTest, without creating any subfolders. OE renames duplicated filenames automatically.

I believe photos downloaders would love this feature.

Thanks.
793505 03/11/2006 06:08 am
Sorry I just noticed that there is a similar post below ("without creating directory structures").
But I would like to say that my suggestion is different in that OE will create a folder by the Project Name, I believe this will ease many people`s file managmennt life.

I think URL Substitutes is not sufficient, if Iwant to download many sites, I would have to manually enter many entries in URL Substitutes.
Oleg Chernavin 03/11/2006 08:58 am
I understand. Right now you can export the downloaded site to a folder with no subfolders. Simply use File | Export for this purpose.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
793505 03/11/2006 09:36 am
> I understand. Right now you can export the downloaded site to a folder with no subfolders. Simply use File | Export for this purpose.

But it cant export many projects at once to their own project name folders.

Anyway thanks for your prompt reply !
Oleg Chernavin 03/11/2006 09:39 am
Yes, this is a limitation. But you can try to use AutoExport feature in the Project`s URLs field to do that automatically when the download completes.

Oleg.
793505 03/11/2006 10:01 am
> Yes, this is a limitation. But you can try to use AutoExport feature in the Project`s URLs field to do that automatically when the download completes.

Well, what I usually do is I go to a site with links to photo galleries. I right-click each of the link and select "Download with OE", OE will use the default template and start download. I tried to set AutoExport in the default template but the Addresses textbox is disabled.
793505 03/11/2006 10:02 am
> I tried to set AutoExport in the default template but the Addresses textbox is disabled.
I mean I will be very tired if I manually set AutoExport on every project :)
Oleg Chernavin 03/13/2006 10:10 am
I am sorry. We plan to allow adding lines to the URLs field of a template in future versions.

Oleg.