Compressed EXE suggestion.... and more.

lee 03/09/2006 01:21 am
Could you make this function be able to ALLOW or DISALLOW the inclusion of the "Contents File" like exhists for some of the other exporting options???
For a playable EXE much of the time a person won`t want a page with a link to the content first popping up.

Also, since I`m on that note.... It shouldn`t be to hard for you to add the ability to have a selection in the "Customization" of the Contents file to use our own html (without all the complicated breaking it up and inserting it into the boxes), and then you simply "insert" the proper codes into it right? In fact, this would be better than the box`s you have. Or maybe you can just have a default html page with the codes therein, and then we have the option of modifying it directly with our own editor or having the option to use our own html page, and then we hit a button that inserts the codes in the proper places, or we can selection them, and then there are instructions on where and how to place them in the code.

Also, I remember a problem with the way some of the code showed, when I did formating on the text or whatever and it was entered into the box`s, I remember it didn`t show correctly in the displayed html page. It showed some of the coding, rather than the proper html display.
lee 03/09/2006 01:32 am
Now I remember....
What I was talking about in that last paragraph was when you enter a "Description" for the project, and also if you do some of the text formating, and then when you use the %Description% in the Customize Contents file area, that the code doesn`t work correction when the html is compiled.
When you view the page it shows some of the codeing, the html is broken. Did this with the last version of OEE.

Anyway, this one`s not too important to me..... But my first two requests are. The EXE without a Contents file, and an easier use of html in creating the contents file.
lee 03/09/2006 01:34 am
Here`s what it looks like with your most recent version....

Exported Projects:

http://www.whyprophets.com/
{\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}{\f1\fnil MS Sans Serif;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1033\f0\fs16 sfasdfasdfasfafsaf\f1 \par }
lee 03/09/2006 01:36 am
In other words.... OEE doesn`t like you using the "Description" tag in the Contents file when you actually have text in the Description.
Oleg Chernavin 03/09/2006 08:10 am
Yes, I will work to fix the Description issue. Regarding contents.htm - there is an easy way to make contents.htm file to redirect you directly to the first downloaded page:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=%URL%">

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
lee 03/10/2006 12:28 am
>>> Yes, I will work to fix the Description issue. Regarding contents.htm

Okay great.... Glad to help

>>> there is an easy way to make contents.htm file to redirect you directly to the first downloaded page:
>>> <meta http-equiv="refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=%URL%">

Easy??? hee hee :)
Not sure what the issue is with "having" to have the contents file there. I`m guessing it`s some limitation of the browser? But, I hope it can be easier one of these days. Thanks. :)

By the way, what about my other request?
Having a more user friendly Contents Page html modification method, such as just a page/window we can edit, and/or a button to insert the code in an available page/window we can edit etc. rather than the three separate edit/window box`s? Or something like this more user friendly?
lee 03/10/2006 12:40 am
Thanks much for the work on making something good. :)

By the way.... What are your thoughts on "Website Ripper Copier"???
I know they aren`t OEE yet. But they seem to possibly soon be some stiff competition.
Oleg Chernavin 03/10/2006 05:28 am
OK. I will think about this.

Website Ripper Copier - we are much better now and as you can see our development speed is very fast - we release new versions every month. It is hard to get up to speed with us. :-)

Oleg.
lee 03/14/2006 03:24 pm
>>> OK. I will think about this.

Great.... Look forward to it all just right. :)