Export to EXE 2nd level links dont work

hass 02/03/2006 07:23 am
Hi,

I am evaluating Offline Explorer Enterprise for my IT dept and have stumbled upon one problem:

If I export my downloaded site to a CD everything works fine until I choose the export to EXE option. When browsing the site the 1st level links (from the startpage) work fine but after that I get "content not available offline".

Thanks
/hass
Oleg Chernavin 02/03/2006 07:34 am
Can you please tell me, does this work the same way for all sites or just for some of them? If the latter, can you please tell me that site address?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
hass 02/03/2006 08:13 am
It seems to be some sites including ours - I tested www.metaproducts.com and that worked fine.

Our site address is www.av.se

We can click on menu items on the first page but not afterwards. However we have no problems when exporting to normal htm only when exporting to exe.

Thanks
/hass

> Can you please tell me, does this work the same way for all sites or just for some of them? If the latter, can you please tell me that site address?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
hass 02/03/2006 08:23 am
I have just discovered that if you type default.htm in the address bar after clicking on the 2nd level links then it works but we cant keep doing that - we are interested in the product for creating archive versions of our site. Somehow is isnt translating our directory menu links.

/hass

> It seems to be some sites including ours - I tested www.metaproducts.com and that worked fine.
>
> Our site address is www.av.se
>
> We can click on menu items on the first page but not afterwards. However we have no problems when exporting to normal htm only when exporting to exe.
>
> Thanks
> /hass
>
> > Can you please tell me, does this work the same way for all sites or just for some of them? If the latter, can you please tell me that site address?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Oleg Chernavin
> > MP Staff
hass 02/03/2006 08:32 am
We have found the problem - our web people have linked to www.av.se/menuchoice instead of www.av.se/menuchoice/

We will try to correct this. Is there any way to tell your product to add a slash when downloading?

/hass

> I have just discovered that if you type default.htm in the address bar after clicking on the 2nd level links then it works but we cant keep doing that - we are interested in the product for creating archive versions of our site. Somehow is isnt translating our directory menu links.
>
> /hass
>
>
> > It seems to be some sites including ours - I tested www.metaproducts.com and that worked fine.
> >
> > Our site address is www.av.se
> >
> > We can click on menu items on the first page but not afterwards. However we have no problems when exporting to normal htm only when exporting to exe.
> >
> > Thanks
> > /hass
> >
> > > Can you please tell me, does this work the same way for all sites or just for some of them? If the latter, can you please tell me that site address?
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Oleg Chernavin
> > > MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 02/03/2006 09:03 am
Yes, I was able to reproduce this. I will try to fix it this Monday. Thank you!

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 02/06/2006 06:48 am
We fixed the oebrowse.exe file. Please get the latest version of it here and replace the previous one with it:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEBrowse.zip

Oleg.