How to have a list of files (URL) that were not downloaded

Mark 01/23/2006 06:35 am
I`m downloading a large site, and i realised that there are pages of the site were not downloaded (View/Statistics)

I`d like to have the complete list of files (URL) that were not downloaded, so i can download them at a later stage.

Note: This site doesn`t seem to support updating project, because it always download all the pages. (no matter what option i have configure in the project setting)
Oleg Chernavin 01/23/2006 07:02 am
If there are some pages or files that were not downloaded, you can simply select the Project and press Ctrl+F5 to go through all downloaded files and get all missing ones.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Mark 01/23/2006 08:51 am
> If there are some pages or files that were not downloaded, you can simply select the Project and press Ctrl+F5 to go through all downloaded files and get all missing ones.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

As said previously, this site doesn`t support resume. All files are redownloaded !

And i`d like to know if there is a way to get a list of the file that weren`t downloaded.

The CTRL+F5 command is probably stocking this information somewhere ! But where ?
Oleg Chernavin 01/23/2006 09:03 am
Ctrl+F5 uses the files that you already downloaded. It gets the first file, extracts all links from it, checks if there are files corresponding these links on your disk. If they are there, it extracts links from them and so on. The links that are allowed for download by your Project settings, but that are not on your hard disk will be loaded.

This way, the server is not required to support resume.

Oleg.
Mark 01/23/2006 09:36 am
> Ctrl+F5 uses the files that you already downloaded. It gets the first file, extracts all links from it, checks if there are files corresponding these links on your disk. If they are there, it extracts links from them and so on. The links that are allowed for download by your Project settings, but that are not on your hard disk will be loaded.
>
> This way, the server is not required to support resume.
>
> Oleg.

When i say `the server doesn`t support resume`, i meaned that offline explorer always redownloaded all the files (probably because there are generated by the server, php and asp files)

So there isn`t any way to have a list of files that failed download (and why they failed to download).

If I had such a list, i could download them later with a simple classical internet browser. Or even store this list with the offline copy of the site for later use.
Oleg Chernavin 01/23/2006 09:42 am
You can do it this way - select the Project, press Ctrl+F5, then press F9 and wait until the Parsing (XX) message disappears from the Status Bar below. Then switch to the Queue tab and you will have the list of all missing files there.

Oleg.
Mark 01/23/2006 10:00 am
> You can do it this way - select the Project, press Ctrl+F5, then press F9 and wait until the Parsing (XX) message disappears from the Status Bar below. Then switch to the Queue tab and you will have the list of all missing files there.
>
> Oleg.

I try it, but it doesn`t seem to work correctly.

In view/statistic, i got `1 file not found`.
If i do Ctrl+F5, F9, and waited until the parsing finished. And i got 411 files in the queue !
After verification these files seems to have been already downloaded (except maybe 1 file, the one that was not found)
The parameter in the project was unchanged and was "Do not download existing files".

Am i missing something ?
Oleg Chernavin 01/24/2006 04:49 am
Yes, it looks like all files that were allowed by the Project settings were downloaded. Perhaps there are other files that were not downloaded because Project settings restrict them (insufficient level, disallowed other servers, etc.)

You can change the Project settings to allow missing files and use Ctrl+F5 again to get them.

Oleg.