/Instance parameter

Stevod 10/22/2005 09:42 am
I notice in the history section that you refer to an /Instance command line parameter which doesn`t appear to be documented. Does this allow us to start more than one instance of OEEE at the same time? Could you post some details please.

THanks
Stevod
Oleg Chernavin 10/22/2005 09:58 am
Yes, this is true - /Instance allows you to start several Offline Explorer instances at the same time.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jo A. Kim 01/10/2008 03:34 am
Hi Oleg,

I wish You an happy new year!

now my question:

is it possible to start many instances of oee via ole?
if yes: do you have maybe an example (VB or C#)
if no: is it possible to implement it?

I need to start oee with 2 paramters: /hWnd=xxx /Instance

Thank You

Jo A. Kim

Oleg Chernavin 01/10/2008 06:19 am
It is easy. I usually start using ShellExecute API function and pass parameters to the executable.

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 01/10/2008 07:24 am

Yes of course!
But how to get the COM-Interface from the individual apps?
Oleg Chernavin 01/10/2008 07:37 am
I am afraid, it is impossible to do. At least, I do not know how to do this.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 01/10/2008 07:38 am
But why do you need multiple instances?

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 01/10/2008 10:02 am

because i want to download only one project pro instance!

when downloading more than one project at the same time and if something goes wrong with the download of one project (sometimes happens that oee hangs) all the other downloads and also my application are involved on this situation. If I start a new process with a new instance of oee for each download, I can if necessary kill just this one process and everything goes on.

But I have already found a solution for the problem: I do not need the COM-IF of the "downloading-instance"

Do You see some problems on doing it on this way?
Oleg Chernavin 01/10/2008 11:53 am
It is safe to run many instances. Except one thing - if you make changes to the Projects, the changes may be lost, because Offline Explorer writes webdown.dat when it closes. And if you make run instances 1 and 2, make changes in 1 and close it, instance 2 will overwrite it when it is closed.

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 01/14/2008 06:12 am
Hi Oleg,

it works fine, because Ido not make changes on the project properties on the "downloading instance".

But I have a question:

when starting the oee with the parameter /Close you show a message box "Countdown" before closing.
Is it possible the this messagebox is not shown if the parameter /Minimize is active?

Thank You
Jo A. Kim
Oleg Chernavin 01/14/2008 06:45 am
You may use /CloseNoCountdown for this.

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 01/14/2008 06:52 am
Thank You
Oleg Chernavin 01/14/2008 07:39 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.
Jo A. Kim 05/15/2008 03:03 am
Hi Oleg,

I need two or more instances: one for OLE-comunication and x for downloading process. Is it possible the the changes which only are done in the OLE-Instance will be written down, so that the instances which starts after the changes can concider them even the OLE-instance is running? It could be a OLE-command to write the changes down!

I hope you can help

Thank You
Jo A. Kim
Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2008 12:25 pm
Yes, IMainOE.SaveChanges does that.

Oleg.