`Overload` working, but URLs not actually changed

Luckytohaveher 08/31/2005 10:02 am
`Overloading` working, but URLs not actually changed

When I download the site OEE downloads everything and finishes. When I browse with Windows Explorer the folders are there (%&Ovr0, %&Ovr1, %&Ovr02, etc.). However, when I go browse the project in OEE, Internet Explorer, or Yahoo Browser the links are broken if the link points to a %&Ovr`x` type folder. If the link is in the base folder it will work properly. So it appears that while I have the `Prevent directories from overloading` checked, OEE is not substittuting for the overflow location on my hard drive.

Please advise on what I can do.

Thank you!
Oleg Chernavin 09/02/2005 02:04 pm
Well, browsing should work correctly inside Offline Explorer when you have "Internal HTTP server" enabled in the Options dialog of Offline Explorer. Another way is to export the Project to your disk, which will correct all links to point to the overloaded directories when necessary. Only do not use Faster Export in this case.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Luckytohaveher 09/09/2005 01:40 am
It doesn`t work in OEE or in any web browser. I recently upgraded from 3.7 to 3.9 and it appears to be breaking the links. When I go to export, it crashes due to the size. Of course it could take four hours or something, I do not know. It appears to be moving the files to the overflow directories but it doesn`t know where it placed them after the fact. When I select an individual one and add it, it may be working. However, I have thousands of links and that would be very painful.

Please advise,

Lucky
Oleg Chernavin 09/09/2005 02:13 pm
Can you tell me the site name you are exporting and which directory contains so many files - I will try to download a part of it and reproduce the issue?

Oleg.
Luckytohaveher 09/12/2005 11:03 pm
That would be greatly appreciated. The site has a password. So can we send that over email? It is listed with the post.

Thank you!!!

lucky

> Can you tell me the site name you are exporting and which directory contains so many files - I will try to download a part of it and reproduce the issue?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/13/2005 08:07 am
OK. I just sent an E-mail to you.

Oleg.
brizzo 04/26/2008 08:00 pm
> OK. I just sent an E-mail to you.
>
> Oleg.

I''m having the same problem with the site "http://www.forumnow.com.br/vip/foruns.asp?forum=94106"
Oleg Chernavin 04/27/2008 06:46 am
Exporting the site should fix the issue, because Export corrects the links.

Oleg.
brizzio 04/27/2008 11:26 am
> Exporting the site should fix the issue, because Export corrects the links.
>
> Oleg.

Ok, thanks. I''ll try soon and tell if works..