Small bug in exported project?
|gen||08/12/2005 12:00 am|
|When exporting project to any format (html, chm, mht) links to archives (in my case .zip) become bad. The url to file is correct (if you copy it and then try to open in the browser all works fine) but when clicking on link nothing happens.
In fact, before exporting all ok.
|Oleg Chernavin||08/13/2005 07:41 am|
|Can you please give me an example of a page with such link to a zip file that fails after export?
|gen||08/13/2005 11:22 am|
|No matter what page. All pages.
It seems I`ve not described the problem correctly. Try once more.
- We have a page with links to .zip files (think it can be any kind of file);
- We download it. Notice ALL files are downloaded correctly (html, zip);
- When browsing directly from directory "C:\downloaded" (not parsed files) clicking on link to zip file CAUSES IT`S OPENING;
- After trying to export the project to HTML or .chm file, for example, this links to zip becomes dead (you click on it but nothing happens). It`s important that url is correct! If paste this url in the addres string it opens;
- It take place only in Internet Explorer (Win XP SP2). In Opera, Firefox exported project works (only HTML).
I think it closely connected with adding a string "<!-- saved from url=..." to the header of a file by OE. The string is not the reason, but line feeding bytes...
With best regards, Gen.
|Oleg Chernavin||08/13/2005 11:41 am|
|Yes, this happens because of MS IE security settings. I would suggest you to uncheck the "Add original URL" box while exporting the Project.
|gen||08/13/2005 10:14 pm|
Now it works. But unfortunately only with HTML export.
|Oleg Chernavin||08/14/2005 03:25 am|
|Yes, this depends only on MS IE security settings. You may try to adjust them to allow such links when browsing from your hard disk. Offline Explorer makes all links correct, so it is not an issue with our software.