problems getting slides with real audio and slides

igor 04/18/2005 08:50 pm
I`m trying to download the video lecture:
rtsp://216.35.67.251:7070//usmlestep1/L103S060_03b.rm

With my version of CoCSoft StreamDown I can download the real audio file (6 MB) and its associated slides. I must be online though to view the slides.

However with my version of Offline Explorer, I only get the real audio file and not even its slides that come with it. I tried changing my settings to different levels and adding extensions like rp and smil, but to no avail. Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 04/19/2005 07:27 am
Thank you! We will work on it. However it may take some time.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
igor 04/19/2005 04:34 pm
Oleg

Thank you very much. Please let me know when you may have resolved this issue.

> Thank you! We will work on it. However it may take some time.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 04/20/2005 01:57 am
OK.

Oleg.
igor 04/24/2005 03:42 pm
Oleg,

Did you or your staff find a solution to this problem yet? How long will it take? Thanks again.

With Warm Regards :)

Oleg Chernavin 04/25/2005 04:01 am
This may take months, because there is no open standard on such streams and we have to try many ways before we find a solution. Sorry.

Oleg.
igor 04/25/2005 08:26 pm
Thank you for keeping me updated. I appreciate your effort on improving OfflineExplorer. It`s by far the best program I have used. Unfortunately, I do not know if I can wait another few months to be able to do this since I need these lecture slides/audio for me to study for my upcoming test. But if MetaProducts does find a quick solution to this problem, I would be glad to use it to allow me to achieve what I am trying to do (get the slides as well).

In the meantime, is there anything, in terms of programs, that will allow me to download the lecture and its synchronized slides manually? As I mentioned earlier, Cocsoft`s Stream Down program I purchased gets the lectures slides, but I have to be online to view the slides. If you know of a program that will download the *.rm file and its associated *.smil or other slide lecture files so I can view them offline, I`d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for all your time and effort, you have been the best!

> This may take months, because there is no open standard on such streams and we have to try many ways before we find a solution. Sorry.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 04/26/2005 09:24 am
I am sorry, I don`t know such program. Maybe you should use both programs now - Offline Explorer Pro to load slides and SMIL files and the other - to load the .rm files.

Oleg.