OE goofs up

Alok Saboo 03/10/2005 11:30 pm
While downloading a large site a lot of pages are not downloaded but they appear in the map. When I click on the file in the map it says the pages are not available offline. Even when i redownload the file they are not downloaded. How can this be corrected?

Alok
Oleg Chernavin 03/11/2005 06:26 am
Can you please let me know some URLs that were not loaded but added to the Map? I will see what can be wrong there.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Alok Saboo 03/11/2005 11:56 pm
Is there a limit to the number of files in a directory in Win XP. Because the problem starts after around 13000 files are downloaded and beyond that limit no files are downloaded, they are just added to the map but they are not available for download.

Also no file is created for that link in the download directory. What is the problem?

Alok
> Can you please let me know some URLs that were not loaded but added to the Map? I will see what can be wrong there.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 03/12/2005 05:22 pm
Yes, there is a limit on a number of files per directory. It depends on how long are the filenames. But Offline Explorer has an easy solution to this.

First please clean the overloaded directory by erasing the files.
Second, please enable the "Directory overload protection" in the Options dialog of Offline Explorer Enterprise | File Locations section.

Oleg.