Can`t download www.flexxcoach.com

Maniaco 02/10/2005 07:48 am
Can`t download the "Practice Planner" part of this site since it`s under login protection. I do am a registered user of this site and have a login and password, but whatever I do with OE I just can`t get it to download this part. Don`t know what to do and I really need to be able to bring my computer to the arena and coach the kids.

Please go there someone and tell me how to do it please.

Thank you in advance for all of you.

Maniaco
Oleg Chernavin 02/10/2005 08:04 am
You need to browse to the logon page of the site using the internal Browser of Offline Explorer Pro .

If you need to download the site immediately and only once, you can proceed with the logon and begin downloading the desired pages using Offline Explorer Pro . The program will use the session cookies of the logged on site from the internal browser.

You can also record the logon form contents in a Project, so that Offline Explorer Pro will know how to log itself on whenever you wish to download the site. This is useful when you want to schedule the site download or perform it later, or if you want to update the downloaded site in the future.

Once you have entered your username and password on the logon page in the internal browser, press and hold the Alt + Ctrl keys on your keyboard, click the Logon (or Submit) button in the Web form and release the keyboard buttons. You should get a new Project that contains the Web form information recorded in the URL field.

Adjust the Project settings as you wish (set the Level and other parameters) and click the OK button to save the Project. You may begin downloading at any time.

Note: The form recording method is supported only in the Pro and Enterprise editions of Offline Explorer.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Maniaco 02/10/2005 09:18 am
OK, tried what you say, but I must admit...that I`m more of a hockey coach than a computer wizard. So I did the ALT+CTRL thing but it doesn`t seem to work. Is it possible to you to be more specific because like I told you, computers are not really what I`m the most used to. So consider me like the newbie of newbies. Hope it`s not to much of a hassle for you, but it would be really nice if you could help me some more.

It really means a lot to me to have this working. Would cut in half my work at home for the hockey ckub.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maniaco
Oleg Chernavin 02/10/2005 10:53 am
What if you browse to the logon page in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer and process with the logon there. Then keep the page as it is and start downloading the project in Offline Explorer. Would this work?

Oleg.
Maniaco 02/10/2005 12:45 pm
It just doesn`t work if I do it like that.

Maniaco
Oleg Chernavin 02/11/2005 05:29 am
Can you please tell me your username and password for the site? I will try it myself. You can send them to support@metaproducts.com .

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 02/12/2005 08:53 am
What I did was:
I started Offline Explorer and entered the following URL in its Internal browser

http://www.flexxcoach.com/signin.aspx

This took me to the logon page. I entered the E-mail address and password and logged onto the site. Then I took the "flexxCOACH Hockey Planner" link and dragged it to the Projects tree of Offline Explorer. This created a new Project. Then I clicked the Properties button to adjust the Project settings. I set "Load from the starting directory" in the URL Filters | Directory section and clicked OK button. Then I started downloading the Project.

Oleg.