Password protected site

Steven 02/01/2005 08:37 pm
Hello, I`m just a hockey coach who doesn`t know much about computer and internet. I have a portable computer that I bring to the hockey ring to help me with my coaching. There is a web site for hockey and coaches that is very good with pratice planning and exercises. I am a paid register to the site but I don`t have Internet at the arena, so I can`t use it. This is why I`m trying OE.

The site is www.flexxcoach.com, and when you get to it, there is the "Practice Planner" logo on the center of the screen. It`s the first of the tree with the other ones being "live" and "Universtity". If you click on "Plan Your Next Practice" link just below the "Practice Plannet" one, it will bring you to the login page for it.

Like I told you so, I`m just a newbie here and if any of you could go there and find out what I need to do to have OE working and downloading the login part, it would be a blast for me and the kids. When I`m using OE and get to that page, I get a page that says that it can download it. When I put my login email and password, it just doesn`t work. So please help me someone.

thank you in advance for any of your help.

Steven
Oleg Chernavin 02/02/2005 03:46 am
It is easy to download this type of site.
You need to browse to the logon page of the site using the internal Browser of Offline Explorer Pro .

If you need to download the site immediately and only once, you can proceed with the logon and begin downloading the desired pages using Offline Explorer Pro . The program will use the session cookies of the logged on site from the internal browser.

You can also record the logon form contents in a Project, so that Offline Explorer Pro will know how to log itself on whenever you wish to download the site. This is useful when you want to schedule the site download or perform it later, or if you want to update the downloaded site in the future.

Once you have entered your username and password on the logon page in the internal browser, press and hold the Alt + Ctrl keys on your keyboard, click the Logon (or Submit) button in the Web form and release the keyboard buttons. You should get a new Project that contains the Web form information recorded in the URL field.

Adjust the Project settings as you wish (set the Level and other parameters) and click the OK button to save the Project. You may begin downloading at any time.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff