Retrieving Original URLs

Stevod 11/30/2004 09:40 am
I need to be able to recreate the original URL for every single file that has been downloaded (for use by another application). How can I do this?

I am using OEEE 3.4.

Many thanks
Stevod
Oleg Chernavin 11/30/2004 09:44 am
The best way is to select the Project, go to the Map tab, select the desired file there and press Ctrl-Q (or use right-click context menu - Copy URL). This will copy the file URL to the clipboard and you will be able to paste it where you need.

You can also select multiple files to copy their URLs at once (one per line).

Besides, you have full access to all Project Map entries with the ability to convert filenames to URLs via the OLE Automation interface of the Offline Explorer Enterprise.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Stevod 11/30/2004 09:54 am
Many thanks, Olav.

I am intending to use the OLE object model in the near future which I will use for access.

Stevod

> The best way is to select the Project, go to the Map tab, select the desired file there and press Ctrl-Q (or use right-click context menu - Copy URL). This will copy the file URL to the clipboard and you will be able to paste it where you need.
>
> You can also select multiple files to copy their URLs at once (one per line).
>
> Besides, you have full access to all Project Map entries with the ability to convert filenames to URLs via the OLE Automation interface of the Offline Explorer Enterprise.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 12/01/2004 03:54 am
You need to get a Project (IOEProject object) and use its GetMapEntry function to retrieve the full filename of a map entry. Then you need to pass the retrieved filename to the IMainOE.OfflineToOnlineURL function.

Oleg.