Download Directory Problem OE3.4

Nick 11/07/2004 06:06 pm
Hi
Ever since I upgraded from Offline Explorer Enterprise version 2.9 to 3.4, there has been a bug in the Download Directory for project file locations. For example, mine is set to download in "d:\oe". If I`m trying to download the site "www.metaproducts.com", the file location on my computer becomes "d:\oewww.metaproducts.com" on the drive root. It has become really annoying since the directories are all over my computer and it causes problems when I run updates after trying to organize the files.

I`ve tried installing newer versions (3.4.1810), but the problem persists.
Please inform of any workarounds/fixes.
Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 11/08/2004 06:49 am
This is really strange. I just tried to change such setting several times and it works properly.

Can you please try the following - select the folder with your Projects in Offline Explorer Enterprise (for example, "Default".) Then click the Properties button on toolbar, check the Download Directory box and set it to d:\oe\ (with the slash at the end). Click the OK button and try to download any of the Projects in that folder again. Would this work?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Nick 11/09/2004 01:17 am
That`s great...it seemed to fix the problem.
I specified the path in Tools->Options->File Locations. Strange that there are 2 settings for this.

Thanks a lot! :)

> This is really strange. I just tried to change such setting several times and it works properly.
>
> Can you please try the following - select the folder with your Projects in Offline Explorer Enterprise (for example, "Default".) Then click the Properties button on toolbar, check the Download Directory box and set it to d:\oe\ (with the slash at the end). Click the OK button and try to download any of the Projects in that folder again. Would this work?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 11/09/2004 03:16 am
The setting in Options dialog is global. But you can override it for any of your folders and have several download locations.

Oleg.