Feature requests for Offline Explorer Enterprise

Ronald BG. 06/29/2004 01:49 am
Hi,

Can I request the following features for the next version of Offline Explorer Enterprise?

* Can you add feature to give priority to the filters (files that matches specific filters are given priority so they are loaded first/second/.../last)?

Use:
- To make the site browsable sooner (by loading all HTML files first) when loading a large sites,
- To know the approximate size of the project earlier (because all linked files are known and queued),

Usage example:
= I want all text files to be loaded first, then I want all images to be loaded, then all audios, then all videos, then other files (that doesn`t fit in text, images, audio, and video filters).
-> I added priority Texts --> Images --> Audio --> Video --> Other.
=> All Text files will be loaded first, before all images are loaded,
all Images will be loaded before all Audio, all Audio files will be loaded before all Video files, and all Video files will be loaded before other kind of files.

* Can you add feature to add more file filters/delete file filters?

* Can you add feature to add "no extension" to the extension list of a filter? (useful, for example, for loading some images in Yahoo stores where images in those stores doesn`t have extension).

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 06/30/2004 11:06 am
Thank you! We plan to add this kind of queue priorities in future versions, but this will take much time to develop, because the queue is being partially saved to the disk all the time.

> * Can you add feature to add more file filters/delete file filters?

What do you mean?

> * Can you add feature to add "no extension" to the extension list of a filter? (useful, for example, for loading some images in Yahoo stores where images in those stores doesn`t have extension).

It is already done - just add a single dot . symbol to any File Filters category. This means an empty extension.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Ronald BG. 06/30/2004 02:47 pm
About the "add more file filters/delete file filters" feature above, it is a feature that allows user to create more file filters. I think this feature will be useful when used with the queue priority feature above. For example, user can create a custom filter to make files with certain extensions loaded first (or last).

Also, I think there`s a bug in the file filters: Offline Explorer allowed user to put an extension into two different filters (and activated them at the same time). For example, user could put extension txt both in "Text" and "User Defined" and activated (checked) them at the same time.
Oleg Chernavin 07/02/2004 10:45 am
OK. I will consider adding more File Filters categories when making the queue priority feature. However I will probably add a kind of User Defined 2 category there, because making totally flexible amount of filters is complex.

Regarding the extensions problem. Yes, it is possible to add them in multiple categories, but only the first extension will be used (in the top category).

Oleg.