update project

Tony Graigg 06/26/2004 03:56 pm
I`m downloading a site with more than 1000 pictures on it, in about 50 subfolders. I have instructed OE to only download the pictures within 30 to 60 kb. When I want to update this offline site the next month, does OE check and download all pages and images again?, or just the ones that are downloaded. It takes a long time to download all, so I hope that updatingi is quicker.

And another question.
I burn these pictures on cd, and later update this cd again with new pictures. But do I have to keep the orignal images on my harddrive to update. It would be nice if OE only downloads new files, and not the ones I had already downloaded and burned on cd.

When I now update, it downloads everything again, also when "do not download existing files" is turned on in project settings.
Oleg Chernavin 06/28/2004 12:37 pm
> I`m downloading a site with more than 1000 pictures on it, in about 50 subfolders. I have instructed OE to only download the pictures within 30 to 60 kb. When I want to update this offline site the next month, does OE check and download all pages and images again?, or just the ones that are downloaded. It takes a long time to download all, so I hope that updatingi is quicker.

Update will be always quicker, because not all images will be loaded. Every image will be checked against the modification date and if it has not changed, it will not be loaded.

If you chose not to load HTML pages (unchecked the File Filters | Text category), then pages will be downloaded on every update to get links to the images.

> And another question.
> I burn these pictures on cd, and later update this cd again with new pictures. But do I have to keep the orignal images on my harddrive to update. It would be nice if OE only downloads new files, and not the ones I had already downloaded and burned on cd.

There is such feature in the latest Offline Explorer Enterprise versions - when you have exported all files, right-click the Project and choose Delete - Only Project files. You will be prompted to keep the file information for future updates.

> When I now update, it downloads everything again, also when "do not download existing files" is turned on in project settings.

Yes, because it doesn`t save downloaded HTML files. Offline Explorer has to download these files to get links to images from them. Anyway, images will be only checked for updates, not redownloaded.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff