download folder structure

Tony Graigg 06/25/2004 08:49 pm
Is it possible to get only the folder structure from a site. No images or pages, just the folders. And how do I do this, because I can`t figure this out.

thanks Tony
Oleg Chernavin 06/26/2004 12:34 pm
Well, Web sites do not allow to get this information. You will still have to get all pages to build the site map with all links in these pages. We plan to add a feature that will load only Web pages to show the site map.

Anyway, could you please tell me, why you need this kind of feature?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Tony Graigg 06/26/2004 02:39 pm
On my website I have a few folders that is only to see by me, with temporary thngs in it. No link is pointing to this folder. I was wondering if someone could see this folder when they use this program.

> Well, Web sites do not allow to get this information. You will still have to get all pages to build the site map with all links in these pages. We plan to add a feature that will load only Web pages to show the site map.
>
> Anyway, could you please tell me, why you need this kind of feature?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 06/28/2004 11:13 am
No, there will be no way to find that folder. Only if your site contains a security hole and someone can access its filesystem or using an FTP protocol. FTP access gives full listing of all your files and folders.

Oleg.
KenQuek 07/03/2005 05:55 am
> Well, Web sites do not allow to get this information. You will still have to get all pages to build the site map with all links in these pages. We plan to add a feature that will load only Web pages to show the site map.
>
> Anyway, could you please tell me, why you need this kind of feature?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

I need this option too. I guess most of us needing this feature is getting only pictures or the media of a website.

An example is webminer, it is able to read the webpages without saving and creates the site structure.

I hope to see this option available soon.

Regards
Ken
Oleg Chernavin 07/04/2005 06:44 am
You can download images already without saving HTML pages to the disk - just uncheck the File Filters | Text section in the Project Properties dialog and allow only the Images section there.

Oleg.