Merging download directories on two separate drives

Duke Leto 05/01/2004 11:05 pm
Hello,

I have downloaded projects on two different systems and the download directories are on different drives. If I copy all the map files to a single machine and also move the download folder to the same drive letter, will all the projects show up in the project tree?

If not, how do I upadate the project tree to reflect the new projects?

I read on another forum question that the paths are hard linked in the map files. Is the situation still the same, or are the map files relative to the base directory now?

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 05/03/2004 03:16 pm
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded projects on two different systems and the download directories are on different drives. If I copy all the map files to a single machine and also move the download folder to the same drive letter, will all the projects show up in the project tree?

It may happen that Projects with same numbers on different computers will be overwritten, so may loose some Projects.

> If not, how do I upadate the project tree to reflect the new projects?

I would suggest you to make the desired projects backup (Tools | Backup/Restore menu) and restore them on another computer.

> I read on another forum question that the paths are hard linked in the map files. Is the situation still the same, or are the map files relative to the base directory now?

No, they are still hard-linked, but the backup/restore process takes care of that automatically.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff