Problem downloading multi-domain website.

Fausto Junior 04/24/2004 10:02 am
Hi all!
First, I would like to greet everyone behind the production of Offline Explorer! It`s just the best "web-downloader/copier/offline browser" I`ve ever seen! Many thanks! And good job! Continue the great work. ;D

Lately, I wanted to download a website, and as I noticed, its links gets outside the main domain, pointing to the same site, but on another domain. Let me exemplify what is:

The main site, lets say, www.thesite.com.
There is the www.thesite.net, www.thesite.org too. But I can only acess the main page using the .com, if I try using the other ones (.net, .org), it sends me back to .com.
Some links inside .com, continues on the other domain, like "Click Here" (href=www.thesite.org/link_clicked_from_dot_com_that_continues_here.htm). And others points to .net! =(
I`ve tried a lot of times to get it working, but unsucessful. (read "I`m dumb." :).
Can someone give me a tip on how to do it? Ah, If its possible, I want to tell OE to download only from these links, so it doesnt go outsite, like ad servers, etc...

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards!

Fausto Junior
Oleg Chernavin 04/24/2004 12:11 pm
Dear Fausto Junior,

Thank you for your kind words.

It is easy to restrict the Project to load only from the starting sites -.com, .net & .org. Just select the Project, click Properties button and go to the URL Filters | Server section. Select Custom Configuration and add the middle part of the Web site to the Included server keywords list. For example:

thesite

Click OK button to save the change. This will allow downloading from www.thesite.com, thesite.com, www.thesite.org, www.thesite.net, images.thesite.com, etc. But all other sites will be not allowed.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Fausto Junior 04/24/2004 01:52 pm
Thanks for the attention Oleg!

I`ll try it right now!

And, one more thing:
I noticed that the site has a continuation on another domain, like thesite.anothersite.com. Can I add this exception on my project, so OE download it too?

Many Thanks!!!

Best regards,

* hugs! *

Fausto Junior
Oleg Chernavin 04/25/2004 01:53 am
Yes, sure - just add the necessary site name to the list and it will be allowed as well.

Oleg.
Fausto Junior 04/25/2004 06:43 pm

Many thanks Oleg!

Its working perfectly now! I got my offline copy 100% working now! ;D

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Fausto Junior

* I`m talking about OE to my friends right now! *
Oleg Chernavin 04/26/2004 01:21 am
>
> Many thanks Oleg!
>