video files not downloading correctly

ricky troopa 04/14/2004 10:44 pm
In v. 3.0.1508. I`ve downloaded video files of the type .wmv. When i tried to play these files many of them aborts when playing them with microsoft media player. I used another program to download the files and i have no problems playing them. I saw another post with a similar problem. I think there may be a problem in offline explorer when downloading videos.
Oleg Chernavin 04/15/2004 01:56 am
Well, we had an improvement since 3.0 version in the WMV downloading code. Could you please try to download one of such links with the latest version?

If it doesn`t help, can you tell me few examples of such links?

Thank you!

Also, we plan to release the 3.1 SR1 version on the next week.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Keith Mason 05/22/2004 12:32 pm
I`ve seen this as well... OE parses WMVs for URLs, and replaces the URLs found with references to local copies (notice that the queue gets junky URLs added to it). I have had to break my projects into two parts: the first downloads the non-WMV files, the second downloads ONLY WMVs with Link Translation turned off.

I have not tried this since installing 3.1, so I couldn`t tell if it is fixed or not. But although WMVs are capable of containing URLs, they should never be translated because it disrupts the internal data pointers in WMV file.
Oleg Chernavin 05/22/2004 12:36 pm
Keith, this should be fixed, but anyway, please let me know a link to such WMV file that is being parsed. I will see what is going wrong there.

Thank you!

Oleg.
Keith Mason 05/22/2004 12:59 pm
I don`t have a WMV handy, but I have an ASF that behaves in precisely the same way. And I did just try it with 3.1.1572-SR1.

http://www.toronto-lime.net/music/chutney/aap_jaisa_koi.asf

When I set the Link Translation to either Offline or Online, then at about 9 seconds into the file it stops playing because the file`s been corrupted. If I set it to No Translation, the file plays fine. After OE parses the file, there is one piece of junk in the queue, indicating that OE thought it was a link.

WMVs fail in an identical fashion.

Thanks.

> Keith, this should be fixed, but anyway, please let me know a link to such WMV file that is being parsed. I will see what is going wrong there.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 05/22/2004 01:01 pm
Thanks a lot! I will work to fix it this Monday.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 05/24/2004 08:34 am
Just fixed it. Here is the updated version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1706.zip

Please let me know how it works. Thank you!

Oleg.