problem with login screen

Razzy 01/15/2004 02:22 pm
Hi,

I am using offline explorer enterprise 2.9.1354.

I have a membership with www.mdconsult.com it requires a login and password. Once you have logged in there is the option to browse books on-line. I can login through offline`s internal browser, then get to the book link I want, but then when I tell it to download, it doesn`t work.

Thanks for you help.
-Razzy
Oleg Chernavin 01/22/2004 09:11 am
Hello,

I received your E-mail on that and answered it already.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Steve 07/04/2004 11:04 am
Hi

I too have a mdconsult account and want to download a book
i have mailed you at service email id
please help
Oleg Chernavin 07/04/2004 04:36 pm
I looked through our correspondence and the latest problem with MDConsult.com site was a proxy server settings issue. So, I will need to have your logon and password to test myself. Thank you!

Oleg.
Dr.Samuel 02/23/2005 05:26 pm
hello

i hv the problem specified below.

can i hv the solution please

best regards
dr.sam

> Hi,
>
> I am using offline explorer enterprise 2.9.1354.
>
> I have a membership with www.mdconsult.com it requires a login and password. Once you have logged in there is the option to browse books on-line. I can login through offline`s internal browser, then get to the book link I want, but then when I tell it to download, it doesn`t work.
>
> Thanks for you help.
> -Razzy
Oleg Chernavin 02/24/2005 10:43 am
Did you try to logon the site in the Internal browser before downloading a book?

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 11/06/2006 06:28 am
The best way to download a book would be the following.

1. Browse to the site in the internal browser of Offline Explorer and logon the site.
2. Browse to the book you want and then go to some page of the book, like Preface, and right-click the page with the book text to copy its address (URL), like:

http://home.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/0/1158/6.html#top

Then create a new Project using the New button on toolbar with unchecked Level, the above URL, and allow it to load from the starting server and directory using URL Filters. The table of contents will be not downloaded, but you will be able to use Map to browse between pages or next/previous links in the pages.

Oleg.