Best way to download continuous stream?

ab 10/29/2003 10:33 am
I`m trying to set up OE to download a streaming feed, but I want to break it up by separate shows. For example, the whole stream is from 8-5, but each separate show is 1 hour. I`ve currently got them scheduled separately and all appears well and they start and end on time. However, it seems as though OE doesn`t "release" the files for export until OE is closed. I end up having to manually move the resulting files, rather than OE doing it as each file download is completed.

I have the following at the end of the URL properties, but it doesn`t seem to work as I expected, since the export is not being done:
Additional=DeleteProjectFiles;AutoExport=C:/Export/;101000010

I would appreciate any suggestions on this set up. Thanks.

ALSO --- Is there a way to export/print my project & folder settings so I can review them????

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 10/30/2003 07:55 am
Thank you. I just fixed the big files lockup problem. If you want, I can provide you with updated version. Just let me know, whether you need Pro or Enterprise edition.

Regarding printing Project settings - there is no such feature, but you can copy the Project to clipboard and paste to any text editor. Most of the settings are self-explanatory.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff

ab 10/30/2003 10:27 am
Thanks for the confirmation on the lockup issue. I can wait for an update, since I`m still fine-tuning and am closing OE and rebooting each morining anyway.

The project copy to the clipboard gives me just what I needed, too.

I just wanted to be sure my approach to this was "correct".

One more thing I thought of -- the files from the streams are all called "live2.ram". They`re in separate folders, so that`s not an issue. Is there a way to specify that the resulting output file be renamed on export?

> Thank you. I just fixed the big files lockup problem. If you want, I can provide you with updated version. Just let me know, whether you need Pro or Enterprise edition.
>
> Regarding printing Project settings - there is no such feature, but you can copy the Project to clipboard and paste to any text editor. Most of the settings are self-explanatory.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
>
>
Oleg Chernavin 10/30/2003 11:54 am
> Thanks for the confirmation on the lockup issue. I can wait for an update, since I`m still fine-tuning and am closing OE and rebooting each morining anyway.

Anyway, I uploaded updated oe.exe files:

Enterprise:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oee1331.zip

Pro:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1331.zip

> The project copy to the clipboard gives me just what I needed, too.

Good.

> One more thing I thought of -- the files from the streams are all called "live2.ram". They`re in separate folders, so that`s not an issue. Is there a way to specify that the resulting output file be renamed on export?

Sorry, but there is no way to do that yet.

Oleg.