How to convert existing Project Properties into new Templates?

fxam 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hi, I can`t find a way to easily convert an existing Project Properties into a new template, what I do is view the properties and paste the properties (such as keywords) into an editor, then create a new template, paste back the keywords, and re-select other properties that can`t be copied and pasted.

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
This is very simple to do - just select a Project you want to copy to Templates, click Copy button, go to File | Templates dialog and paste it there (right-click on the Templates list).

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
03/29/2006 07:02 am
Sounds logical :), but it would be more intuitive to have a menu option, without user having to think: "maybe Copy and Paste works".

> This is very simple to do - just select a Project you want to copy to Templates, click Copy button, go to File | Templates dialog and paste it there (right-click on the Templates list).
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I agree, but this kind of feature is being used rarely, so I decided not to add it to the menu - it already has too many items there.

Oleg.
Jake 10/31/2012 02:55 am
I expected to go to File -> Manage Templates -> Create New Template -> Based on Project...

...but I didn't see something that intuitive. Please consider. Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 10/31/2012 03:06 am
Please select the Project, press Ctrl+C to copy it and then paste in the Manage Templates dialog.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/31/2012 03:07 am
I will work to add a better way to do this soon.

Oleg.