Export function lowercases everything

Edcrfv 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hi !

I have a problem with the export function : it makes every file and directory names lower case... that`s particularly annoying when I want to reupload it to a Unix server...

The current solution is to copy the downloaded directory but it would be so easier if the export function worked aswell...
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
But all links in exported files are lowercased as well, so they should work properly even on Unix/Linux systems. What other problem with lowercased links do you experience?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
My problem is that I make only exact copies, without link translations. I want to be able to find back the original file. In order to link directly to it later.
I see. Well, Export is intended for another purpose there - to prepare sites for CD burning, etc. Since some sites are case-insensitive, files on them could be lowercased, but links - not. And it works well on these sites and inside Offline Explorer. If I would preserve symbols case in links, such sites would not work on Unix systems. That`s why I decided to make all links lowercased.

Why do you prefer Export over copying the download directory? If you don`t want to copy the whole download directory that may contain other Projects, you can make a separate folder in the Projects tree, assign its own Download directory and place the Project there.

Oleg.
OK, thank you for your answer. I never realised the utility of of projects... now I do ;-)
I mean, the utility of folders
Oh, yes. They are good not only to visualize and group Projects.

Oleg.