How to download a site directory by directory ?

color 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I want to download a site in that way :
1. Load all files (.jpg) in the starting directory
2. Go to the next subdirectory and load again file after file
and so on ..

Now offlline explorer first scans all the totally site-structur and then begins somewhere with downloading the files.
How can I manage the way how offline explorer is parsing the site ?( First all files in a directory then next direktory or first whole site scan and then starting loading the files)

Thank you
color
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hello,

Frankly, it is impossible to sort the Download Queue now. We plan to add such features to 3.0 version this Summer. For example, it will be possible to load HTML pages first, images after them or vice versa. But why would you need to sort by directories?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
billy 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I have an idea: maybe newer files should have higher priority.
But how Offline Explorer would see a file modification date BEFORE starting loading it?

Oleg.

> Hello,
>
> Frankly, it is impossible to sort the Download Queue now. We plan to add such features to 3.0 version this Summer. For example, it will be possible to load HTML pages first, images after them or vice versa. But why would you need to sort by directories?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

Hi
is there a solution for the above problem now with the actual OE-version ?
What kind of feature will help to solve the problem ?
Could you explain how to mange ?

Thanks a lot for nice programs.

color
Right now you can use Move to Top/Bottom features in the Queue - you can select, say, all *.jpg files and move them to top.

Oleg.
> Right now you can use Move to Top/Bottom features in the Queue - you can select, say, all *.jpg files and move them to top.
>
> Oleg.

Thanks a lot.
I will try out this feature.

color
You are welcome!

Oleg.