Total weirdness

Greg 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hi

I had a lot of success dl`ing a huge site, but at the end, it began scanning the hell of out of my hard drives. Any idea why that is? It`s been continuing for some time now.
> Hi
>
> I had a lot of success dl`ing a huge site, but at the end, it began scanning the hell of out of my hard drives. Any idea why that is? It`s been continuing for some time now.

Is this the "recursive downloading" issue I saw in another forum? If so I hate to check that suppress errors box because it got me a goldmine of extra content! However I`ve left it going for about 12 hours and it`s still doing it so I suppose I need to do something.

When I need to stop the application like I will do now, what is the best way to stop and then resume next time? Won`t it essentially start over from the beginning if I just click "stop"?

And what does that strange "pause to file" feature do, I don`t get it?
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hello,

Can you please tell me more on what does it scan?

You can easily stop the download and then run it again in the "Do not load existing files" mode.

Another way is to use Download | Suspend to file feature, which records the current queue state in a file. You can run other downloads, quit Offline Explorer or even restart your computer and then resume download from that file.

A temporary Download | Suspend allows you to review the download queue to abort the URLs you don`t want.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
> Hello,
>
> Can you please tell me more on what does it scan?
>
> You can easily stop the download and then run it again in the "Do not load existing files" mode.
>
> Another way is to use Download | Suspend to file feature, which records the current queue state in a file. You can run other downloads, quit Offline Explorer or even restart your computer and then resume download from that file.
>
> A temporary Download | Suspend allows you to review the download queue to abort the URLs you don`t want.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

After a very successful download of a huge site, it was scanning my hard drives but not downloading anything. that status info at the bottom said there were 18 pending files, and the number the queue. the queue list showed links like D:/// and c:/// followed by the name of a couple of directories on those drives. It only scanned the local drives, no downloads. It scanned those links over and over and over for hours until I clicked stop. What did I do?
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I would suggest that you disable downloading from the file:// protocol (in the URL Filters | Protocol section) and restart the download in the "Do not load existing files".

Oleg.