Fail to download first lines of HTML on first page bug

Henrik C. L. 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I think all the versions I have tried (OE Pro/Ent 1.x - 2.7.1082) randomly have failed to download the first page on some sites. The first downloaded page is missing its first lines of HTML.

To reproduce this malfunction, you could try downloading http://www.suze.net/index.html with level limit 1. Note, if you are sensible to adult content or want to speed up the download, just uncheck the project property: File Filters - Images.

The first page will fail to download properly about 7 times of 10. All the following pages load properly. You can see how it failed to download by browsing your downloaded page or by viewing its source and notice the missing <html>-tag at the beginning, which should be the first line. Compared to Internet Explorer, IE never fails to download the complete page, so there must be a bug in Offline Explorer.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Henrik,

I just loaded the first page 5 times and every time it loaded well. Can I ask you to check if you have MS IE 5 or 6 selected as the user agen in the Options dialog and click OK? Also, you can try to set 1 second delay between downloads.

Does any of the above help?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.