Pages with same File Names Overwrite each other

WindBlade 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hi! I seem to encounter a problem with your latest release of Offline Explorer..
When I was grabbing a site for offline viewing, I seemed to notice a problem with MetaProducts Offline Explorer 2.7 with this website which uses php to redirect its page according to the user`s current page..

For Example, one frame of the page will be in the following constant layout:
Cartoons Movies
A-F D-W X-Z

The links "Cartoons" and "Movies" will be linked to "view.php?GroupID=1" and view.php?GroupID=2" respectively
The links "A-F", "D-W", "X-Z" will be linked to "view.php?ViewID=1", "view.php?ViewID=2" and so on..

This is where the problem comes in...
There is onli 5 different links and yet there are 10 different combination of webpages.. Due to similar filenames, OE would download all the "view.php?ViewID=1", "view.php?ViewID=2" but overwrites one copy with the other. Thus, when someone uses OE to download this webpage, "A-F" link will ALWAYS be linked to "Cartoons - A-F" and NEVER to "Movies - A-F" even when he is under the movies category.

Is tehre any solutions to this problem?

Thank you in advance.. :)
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Sir,

Yes, it is a problem, because Offline Explorer thinks that it downloaded the file already and it should not be loaded again.

I would ask you to tell me the link to the site. I cannot promise that something could be done, but I will look there.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.