Java problem

Mark 03/29/2006 07:01 am
why is OEE not downloading these links:
hi_window.asp?file=/media/hi/156/08.jpg (an other urls)
they are opened with java but OEE is simply ignoring them.

here?s one example source-code of how they are embedded into the html sites:

----------------------------------------------------------

<html>
<head>
<title>hardcore</title>
<MM:BeginLock translatorClass="MM_SSI" type="ssi_comment" orig="%3C!--#include virtual=%22/inc/netscape_fix.txt%22 --%3E" fileRef="/inc/netscape_fix.txt" depFiles="file://///Inetserv/live/web_JBR/explicite/internet-fr/inc/netscape_fix.txt"><script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
// -->
</script>
<MM:EndLock>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
}
//-->
</script></head>
<!--body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" bgcolor="#ffffff" background="/images_nav/bg.gif" ;"-->
<!--body bgcolor="#ffffff" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#000000" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" background="/images_nav/bg.gif" ;"-->
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#000000" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" background="/images_nav/bg.gif" onload="MM_preloadImages(`/images_nav/nav_1_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_2_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_3_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_4_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_5_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_5_roll_en.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_6_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_6_roll_en.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_7_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_7_roll_en.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_8_roll.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_1_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_2_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_3_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_4_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_5_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_5_roll_gold_en.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_6_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_6_roll_gold_en.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_7_roll_gold.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_7_roll_gold_en.gif`,`/images_nav/nav_8_roll_gold.gif`)">

<script>

function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
}

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
var p,i,x; if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_nbGroup(event, grpName) { //v3.0
var i,img,nbArr,args=MM_nbGroup.arguments;
if (event == "init" && args.length > 2) {
if ((img = MM_findObj(args[2])) != null && !img.MM_init) {
img.MM_init = true; img.MM_up = args[3]; img.MM_dn = img.src;
if ((nbArr = document[grpName]) == null) nbArr = document[grpName] = new Array();
nbArr[nbArr.length] = img;
for (i=4; i < args.length-1; i+=2) if ((img = MM_findObj(args[i])) != null) {
if (!img.MM_up) img.MM_up = img.src;
img.src = img.MM_dn = args[i+1];
nbAr
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I found nothing strange with these links. Please make sure that you have no URL Filters that prevent these files from downloading and that your Level setting is high enough. If my suggestion doesn`t help, can you please tell me more details on the site to: support@metaproducts.com

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
i got it to work now.
it looks like the slow server was the problem. when i reduced connections and increased the timeout value it was working.

but i have noticed that the parsing of these files was extremely slow.
is this because of the big java scripts or is there something i can do about speeding this up?

(i have no url-filters/keywords which could slow-down the parsing)
If you would send me your Project settings (via Copy/Paste) to support@metaproducts.com, I will be able to see what`s going on there.

Oleg.
that?s not possible because it?s an paysite which allows connections with my login only to my ip-range. (security from the site against pass-sharing)
so even if i would send it to you you couldn?t run it (+ this could lead to cancelation of my account).

but i have looked more detailed into the site and it looks like an normal website which only difference is that there are thousends of pages which have this complex java script so this has to cause the slowdowns. (parsing is >1 second per file)
OK. I have some ideas on speeding up the parsing process. I am not sure, however if they will influence greatly or not.

Oleg.
> OK. I have some ideas on speeding up the parsing process. I am not sure, however if they will influence greatly or not.
>
> Oleg.

thanks,
this sounds fine.

Mark