RM feature question

John 03/29/2006 07:01 am
could you consider adding maybe a popup/field for start/end parameters for RealMedia in future releases? so we don`t have to manually edit/add ?start=00:01:5.04&end=00:20:00

also I downloaded a bunch of RealMedia files which playsback fine in realone player, but i couldn`t edit in in RealMedia Editor 9... so i was wondering, are RMs saved 1:1(saved files are exact copies of the ones on servers) or are they re-encoded from the stream data?
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear John,

Thank you for asking. I will think about adding the Start/End field, but I am not sure. The main purpose of Offline Explorer is to load sites, that`s why its Project Properties dialog is designed that way. We plan to make a separate downloading utility for RTSP streams. It will include that feature surely.

Regarding the RM file format - we don`t know its specification, because that file format is not disclosed. So, we had to "guess" certain things there. One thing that we haven`t properly discovered yet is how to build RM/RA file indexes. We are working on it still.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.

> could you consider adding maybe a popup/field for start/end parameters for RealMedia in future releases? so we don`t have to manually edit/add ?start=00:01:5.04&end=00:20:00
>
> also I downloaded a bunch of RealMedia files which playsback fine in realone player, but i couldn`t edit in in RealMedia Editor 9... so i was wondering, are RMs saved 1:1(saved files are exact copies of the ones on servers) or are they re-encoded from the stream data?