Proxy bypass for local files (127.0.0.1)

Roddy MacKenzie 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Outlook Explorer Enterprise uses the proxy server to access downloaded pages on the _local_ machine when it is configured to use IE 6.0 as its internal browser and set up for HTTP access via a proxy server.

Our office network has a proxy server with a 10-user license. At peak times this is overloaded, resulting in "too many users" messages when I want to access files I downloaded earlier. Internet Explorer is configured to bypass the proxy for 127.0.0.1 and the local IP addresses, and seems to work ok. Can we expect OEE to be enhanced to do the same?

I`m using OEE 2.6 on W2KPro/SP3 and IE6/SP1. Our proxy is Wingate (2.7 ?) on W2KSvr/SP3
Roddy MacKenzie 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Oops - OEE _was_ correctly displaying the contents of the file.

=================Actual contents=================
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>Access Denied</H1><P><P>Too many connected users - try again later
</BODY></HTML>
==============end Actual contents=================

OEE correctly ignores the LAN`s HTTP proxy when _displaying_ stored on the machine OEE is running on.

I`m not what happens when OEE is told to pull files stored elsewhere on the LAN when it has been instructed to use a proxy for HTTP/FTP downloads.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Roddy,

Offline browsing and downloading use different settings. When you browse sites offline, it`s Internal browser uses all MS IE settings, because it is actually an MS IE screen embedded into Offline Explorer.

When downloading sites, Offline Explorer uses its own Proxy server settings located in the Options dialog.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin.